Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kissing You chapter 10 part 2

Kissing You chapter 10 part 2

The crowd held its breath, waiting for any sign from Sooyoung that she felt the same way or not. Sungmin forced a hopeful smile, and Sooyoung suddenly pulled him off the stage and outside. After a couple of seconds, the group of people started whispering, wondering what Sooyoung was going to do.
Sooyoung dragged Sungmin to the back porch, where she pointed at a chair and told him to sit down. He did, and Sooyoung started talking.
"Look," she sighed, "Sungmin. I think you're really sweet and all, but I don't think of you that way as of right now." Seeing Sungmin's pout and disappointed face, Sooyoung continued.
"But. Seeing as you went through all of this trouble for me, and you seem like you're really honest and sincere about your feelings... I guess I can give it a try."
Sungmin looked up with his eyes wide. "Give what a try?" he asked.
"Being your girlfriend. I'm going to warn you though, I'm pretty demanding, even for a girl," Sooyoung smiled.
Sungmin took a deep breath. "Don't worry, I'll make you happy."
"And try and make me fall in love with you in the process," Sooyoung laughed. "But thanks, that was really sweet of you. But that was really corny, so don't ever do that again. Really."
Sungmin sighed in relief. "Thanks," he said, "most of that was Taeyeon's anyway. It was so horrible saying that in front of you, I thought I would die." Realizing that Sooyoung could take what he said in the wrong way, he sputtered quickly, "I mean, not that you're not pretty or smart or talented or fun to talk to or any of that...." he trailed off.
Sooyoung giggled. "I get it," she said, "I figured that it was probably Taeyeon anyway. She's the only one who could ever dream of a stunt like this and force it onto someone else. Now there's a party waiting for us! Let's go!"
She grabbed Sungmin's hand and pulled him back into the room. When everyone saw the couple's hands, they cheered and clapped. Yuri, standing in the back with Kibum, pulled out her binoculars and stared at Sooyoung and Sungmin intently.
"This isn't fair," she whined, "why does Sooyoung monster get all the happiness? I want my happiness too."
Kibum shrugged. "Maybe happiness is right in front of you, and you don't realize it," he said hopefully.
Yuri mulled over his suggestion for a whole minute, and her face brightened up. "You're right!" she exclaimed. "Now that Sooyoung monster is out of the picture, all I have to do is fight the other 294 girls at the school to get Donghae oppa! Thanks Kibum!"
Kibum looked down at his shoes. "That's not really what I meant," he said softly.
"Hm? Did you say something?" Yuri looked at him curiously.
"No, it's nothing," Kibum smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the party, only a few people were left, including the main contributors to Sungmin's confession project. Taeyeon had made Heechul leave with the box and deliver it to Yoona's house. Changmin had stayed with an alibi of making sure Taeyeon was okay on her way home, and Kangta had stayed because Changmin was staying. Yoona and Donghae were also there, and Sungmin and Sooyoung were sitting on the swing in the backyard. Other than that, almost everyone had left.
Sooyoung put her head on Sungmin's shoulder. "Yoona styled you didn't she?" she asked.
Sungmin turned red, but nodded. "Yeah," he answered, "you know how supposedly horrible my fashion sense is," he said as if he were joking.
Sooyoung sat up and looked at Sungmin seriously. "Well, tell Yoona to give you more of those clothes. You looked horrible in your old ones. You look way better in these. But.. not pink and blue all the way of course. Although you do look good in these girly colors."
Sungmin pouted, and Sooyoung laughed. "It's okay, but as my new boyfriend, you have to look good."
Unexpectedly, a drop of water landed on Sungmin's nose. Sooyoung looked up. More water seemed to come down by the minute. Sungmin thought that Sooyoung would have run back into the house, but instead, Sooyoung ran into the rain and started playing around. "Come on, Sungmin, this is fun!" she called.
Sungmin laughed, "Sure!" and he quickly ran to join Sooyoung.
"Sungmin!" Taeyeon yelled from the door. Sungmin looked towards her, and Taeyeon frantically drew circles around her face with her finger. Sungmin instantly realized what Taeyeon was saying, but it was too late. Yoona's makeup was washing off.
Sooyoung grabbed Sungmin and looked at his face closely. She opened her mouth to say something when Yoona shrieked, a wail that could be heard from anywhere within the house.
"The makeup!" she cried. "Sungmin, if you put it to good use I wouldn't have to charge you, but it's washing off! What am I going to do?" Yoona looked like she wanted to sit down on the ground and cry, but if she did, her clothes would get dirty, and her makeup would become messy, so she pressed her lips together and glared daggers at Sungmin.
Sungmin mouthed an apology to Yoona, who didn't blink and kept on glaring at him. Then he returned his attention to Sooyoung. Her mouth was open, like she really wanted to say something, but had nothing to say in particular. After a while, something came out.
"What is that? That thing on your face?"
Sungmin sighed in defeat. "Well, Sooyoung," he started, and once he started, his mouth just couldn't seem to close. "Today, I woke up with this huge pimple on my face and the worst eye bags ever because I think I was stressing over today too much, so then when I met with Donghae and Taeyeon and Yoona at the cafe, Taeyeon made Yoona put makeup on my face so that it wouldn't show, and this is really high class makeup according to Yoona, and I just washed it off for no apparent reason, and now that's why she's glaring nonstop at me," he said quickly in one breath.
Sooyoung laughed. "You're so cute," she said, "it's okay, you went this far for me already, it's not like I'd get mad if Yoona just put makeup on you."
"Hello," Yoona called from the door, "the Yoona you are speaking of is majorly annoyed, and will not leave Mr. I-Have-Appearance-Problems alone until I get compensation for the makeup."
Sungmin shooed her away. "I'll pay you later, just leave."
Yoona folded her arms across her chest. "He so did not just blow me off."
Taeyeon nodded her head slowly. "Oh yes he did."
Yoona let out a "hmph" and stomped out, dragging Donghae behind her and muttering, "I've never helped anyone in my life, and for once I decide to help someone. What do I get? Nothing, I get blown off like last season's party dress that everyone wore once and then forgot about until they cleaned out their walk-in closets for next season's clothes. Never again. I will never ever do this again. Not for a boy at least. For someone like Taeyeon or Jess, maybe, as long as it doesn't involve oppa."
There was only Taeyeon, Sungmin, and Sooyoung left, excluding Changmin and Kangta, who were milling around waiting for Taeyeon and occasionally glacing in the other's direction.
Taeyeon smiled. "My job here is done," she said, satisfied. She brought out her non-prescription glasses, put them on, and walked away smoothly like a lawyer that had just won a case. Changmin and Kangta noticed her going out the door and quickly scurried behind, glaring at each other behind her back. Soon, after the boys had played rock-paper-scissors at least ten times to decide who would walk on her right side, since everyone knew that Taeyeon's right side always looked the best, Taeyeon glanced back.
"Could you stop following me like some crazed fanboys? I know you're not," she laughed in an annoyed way. Little did she know she wasn't far from the truth. "Anyways, if you want to walk next to me, just do it. I don't care."
Listening to her, the boys stopped in their tracks. They sprung into action a moment later, fighting their way to the right side of Taeyeon. The two kept on pushing and shoving each other until they got to Taeyeon's house.
Heechul opened the door. "There you are, Taeyeon!" he exclaimed. "Yoona nearly killed me!"
"Yeah, why? And good for her," Taeyeon answered nonchalantly.
"I'll ignore that last part," Heechul continued, "and well, I went to go deliver the box back, and the stupid security system marked me down as an intruder! It tried to zap me with some hot ray gun, and then obviously the only cover was Yoona's box. But then, she came from behind me with Donghae in tow and nearly ripped my eyes out, saying I wasted good material. For the love of me, can't you get more... normal friends? Less prone to emotion?"
Taeyeon laughed. "Like you're normal at all. Get over it, my friends are nice. And their house security systems know who doesn't belong there at any time. Believe it or not, it's true. I'm always welcomed there, whether they know my face or not. It shows they have good taste."
"Wait. Wait, did you just say that... what did you say anyway?" Heechul asked, scratching his head.
"Whatever," Taeyeon laughed, and went upstairs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, when Sooyoung and Sungmin went to school together, they found that there was no hiding from the stares of onlookers, people who either had been at the party and wanted to see more action, or people that hadn't been at the party and were envious that they had missed one of the school's prettiest girl's birthday, where she got a boyfriend.
Sooyoung walked straight ahead with confidence, but Sungmin shrank a little bit back, and turned somewhat red. The people who had bothered to bring cameras were taking pictures to send to the school newspaper, but since Sooyoung had a friend working as the editor of the school newspaper, there wasn't any threat of the bad pictures getting out.
Of course, Sungmin didn't know that.
He looked dizzy with all of the camera flashes in his eyes, and Sooyoung suddenly took a hold of his hand and pulled him out, creating a pathway bordered by people wanting to get a glimpse of the new "it" couple.
Sooyoung led Sungmin into a small room with no one in it and said, "Look, there's no reason to be confused. Just act like you're confident about all this, and they won't question you. Walk right through them, because they won't dare to block you. If you don't say anything, they'll get bored and leave you alone. Got it?"
Sungmin nodded numbly, having absorbed all the information, but not fully understood it.
Sooyoung smiled. "Okay, I have to go meet up with Yoona and thank her about my party. I don't think she wants to se you right now... I should go thank Taeyeon too, and while I'm at it tell her to never tell you what to say ever again."
Sungmin's eyes cleared, and he nodded and laughed. "I remember what you said, don't worry. I'll make it to my class just fine."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung half walked, half skipped down the hallway, but suddenly, she was pulled into one of the old science labs, one that no one used anymore. Wondering who her captors were, she struggled and turned around, getting glimpses of some girls she recognized.
They were from Donghae's fan club.
"Okay, I'll make this quick, because I basically have no time at all to waste on you," one girl said, apparently the leader of the small band. "I- all of us- never liked you, even from the start. You just about knew every person in the school, you just about talked to every boy. We in this fanclub, and you too, should know that it's most important to stay loyal to Donghae oppa. Pretty much everyone knows that you have a new boyfriend." The girl sneered the word boyfriend, as if she was disgusted.
"And nobody liked you, but at the same time, nobody had a reason to kick you out. Now we do. What I'm saying is, you have two choices. And I know you want to stay in the fanclub, since you obviously haven't left yet. You can either choose to keep your boyfriend, whatever his name is, and leave the fanclub forever, or you can dump your boyfriend and keep your status in the fanclub. Your choice. You have two weeks starting from now. Come back here in two weeks if you don't come to us before. Give us your final decision, or your little boyfriend might have to suffer for the sacrifice you didn't make."
The girls pushed Sooyoung out, and she landed on the hard, cold floor. The small group looked at Sooyoung with contempt in their eyes, and walked away.
Sooyoung moved into a more comfortable position, and massaged her temples. Since when had life been so hard?
==============================================

No comments:

Post a Comment