Friday, August 13, 2010

chapter 5

What was wrong with him? I ran after him, pushing through the crowd of senior students. I was so short compared to them.

�Taeyang! Taeyang-oppa!� I called after him. He never looked back.

I couldn�t believe what he wrote in that letter�

I hate this.

This was GHEY GHEY GHEY GHEY GHEY!

�Taeyang!�

I swear, how did he turn deaf? Must be all that practicing with Big Bang that was affecting his ears. ==�

�Taeyang-oppa!�

That�s it!

AMERICAN STYLE TACKLE!

Taeyang and I went to the floor. Everyone seemed to part away when we hit the ground. I sat up, glaring at him. I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him aside. He struggled against my grip: thank God for all those American football lessons with appa. I went outside in the corner where all the bins were stacked up.

�Taeyang-oppa!� He looked up sheepishly when I called his name. I sighed: why did boys have to be so difficult? �Taeyang, why didn�t you admit it earlier?� He scratched his head.

�I dunno� I just can�t say it out loud�� I sat down beside him, careful not to sit on the bird poop around.

�Why didn�t you tell her? I mean, it�s been a year and you still haven�t confessed?�

�But� she seems so in love with other guys, and not me.� He made a sad face. I hit him across the head.

�You idi.ot! Confess to her! And why the hell did you give me her letter? I was confused when I saw a completely different name inside!� He grinned.

�Just wanted to let you proof-read. How was it?� I smiled: he was really nice, especially since I knew that he hung around Seungri.

�It was great. A bit corny though.� I laughed at him. �I�m sure Jessica would love to hear that from you, Taeyang.�

.

.

.

.

.

I went back to class a bit late. Only 30 minutes.

Mr. Gook gave me a detention slip.

Fcuk, I really hated him.

I sat down next to Seungri. He nudged me and pointed to my other seat.

Crap.

�Ms Hwang, do you mind moving to your real seat?�

Oh fcuking hell. I grabbed my books and trudged to the spare seat next to Kibum that was cold.

�So do you mind telling me why you are 30 minutes late?�

Think, Tiffany, THINK!!!

�I had explosive diarrhea and I couldn�t stop sh.itting.�

.

.

Wrong move.

I went to go get another detention slip for swearing.

Perfect.

2 detention slips earned in less than 5 minutes.

I should get into the World Record book.

I opened my exercise books and sat with my chin leaning on my hand.

God, I was so tired. I laid my head down on the table, drowning out the sounds from Mr. Gook�s fat ugly mouth.

How I wish I could stuff an apple in it and start roasting him on a spit.

BWOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~

How long has it been since umma has cooked a roast? *drool* I�m so hungry now�

The bell rang and I went to the seat next to Seungri. He was grinning at me.

�So, whatcha think of it?�

�I think it was very corny and horrible: how come you NEVER TOLD ME!� I hit him across the head. He pouted, rubbing the spot on his head.

�I�m sorry~ Taeyang-hyung said to not tell anyone!� he placed his hand over his chest. �And I�m a loyal person who swears to never tell my friends� secrets.�

I glared at him.

�What about that time I vomited over you on the Ferris wheel at last year�s fair? You told everyone the next day at school when I asked if you could keep it a secret!�

I had a deadly fear of heights. And Seungri was just soooo lucky that he had to sit next to me.

�Yeah, but that was funny! Even you laughed!�

�No I didn�t! I was crying you idi.ot!!� He went quiet for a minute.

�Point taken. What do you want me to do?�

�MAKE UP FOR IT!�

His jaw dropped.

�HOW?!�

I placed my finger on my chin thoughtfully.

�A movie! And a nice dinner! Tomorrow night�s Friday! So let�s go!� He sat, leaning on his chair while his arms swung from his sides.

�Sure, why not? Wanna invite some people? I�m only shouting for you though!� I grinned and turned around to invite Taeyeon.


I was really excited about this� �date�.

.

.

.

.

.

�How was your day Tiff-dear?� For some magical, UNKNOWN, alien-like reason, my umma was home early. I sat at the kitchen table with my History homework that Mr. Gook decided to dump on me since I was late.

I shrugged.

�Normal, like always.� She still didn�t make any comment about my new hairstyle.

Here it comes�

�How�s Seungri?�

For the last 10 gafillion years (just exaggerating), my umma�s been asking the same question every time I found her home before me.

She has this CRAZY idea that me and Seungri are more than just friends, which will NEVER happen because me and Seungri will always, repeat, ALWAYS stay friends.

�He�s fine.� I didn�t tell her the insane plan he had: to scare of fanboys/fangirls.

�Really? He slept over last night didn�t he?�

Wow, a round of applause for umma for finding out.


That was sarcasm.

�Yes umma.� I stood up, picking my books. �I�m going to my room.� I shut the door behind and dropped my books on the floor.

I grabbed my phone and dialed in Taeyeon�s number. She picked up in 3 rings.

�Sup?� Stupid Seungri and his influence.

�Taeyeon~� I whined like a little baby. She was the oldest of our group, being born in March�

I heard her sigh on the other line.

�What is it now?�

�Umma still thinks I�m going out with Seungri!�

I heard her cracking it up.

Note to self: kill Taeyeon tomorrow.

�IT�S NOT FUNNY!�

�How long has it been going for?�

�I dunno! Ever since we entered high school?�

�HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!�

�Shut up Taeyeon!�

�Hey, let�s get Jessica on the line!� I heard a rumbling sound as Jessica picked up.

�Hellooo~�

�Taeyeon! Why did you do that for?�

�For fun~ Come on, what�s so bad about letting Jessica know?�

�Know what? What is it? TELL MEEEEE~�

�NOOOOOOOOOO I�m hanging up!�

�NOO TIFF! COME BACK, I�M SORRY!�

�Sorry about what? TELL MEEEEE! Or I�ll spread rumors about you and Seungri going out, Tiff!�

�NOOOOOOOOO ANYTHING BUT THAT, JESSICA!!!�

�NOW TELL ME!�

�FIINE! My umma think me and Seungri are going out!�

�� You guys are, aren�t you?�

��BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!�

�No we�re not! Where the hell did you get that from?!�

�But weren�t you two like, TOUCHING each other before lunch? And Sunny said you were kissing behind the compost bins!�







�WHAT?! I�M GOING TO MURDER SUNNY TOMORROW!!! WHEN SHE�S NOT WITH HER 8 GAFILLION BODYGUARDS!!!�

�BWOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~�

�Shut up Taeyeon!�

�What? So you�re not going out with Seungri?�

�HELL NO!�

�Oh� Damn, I wanted some gossip��

�Oh yeah? You want some gossip? I know who likes you Jessica.�

�Wah? WHO WHO WHO?�

�Oh dear, there�s my umma calling. Gotta go~�

�TIFF YOU MEANIE! Come back and tell me!�

�Bye~�

.

.

.

.

I went to school the next day, without Seungri laying a hand on me.

When we arrived at the gate, he took my hand into his. I glared at him but I reluctantly allowed him.

�Ooohhh� Look at Seungri-oppa and Tiffany!!!�

�Oh my God, I�m soo jealous!�

�Man, if I were her, I�d SMILE a bit at least!�

I was so tempted to run over to that stupid fangirl and *OVERAGE VIOLENCE FOR PEOPLE UNDER 9*.

�GARRRH!� I muttered angrily under my breath. Seungri grinned at me.

�Chill Tiff. Come on,� he led me to my lockers. All the girls there swooned.

�See ya!� He winked at me and left to go to his lockers. I shivered. More girls fainted.

Stupid Seungri and his good looks.

No wait, SCRATCH THAT!

Stupid Seungri and his ghey fatass looks.

I closed my locker and looked at my watch: it was 8am. We were early, thanks to the extra time from me not fixing my hair. biggrin.gif

I put my books on the table, looking around. I sat down on Yoona�s seat and she came up behind me.

�Hi Tiffany!� She waved at me enthusiastically. I waved back, rubbing my eyes.

I had a horrible dream that me and Seungri were going out. And my umma was throwing rice over our heads as if we were married. And Super Junior was the band and Donghae was glaring at me with fiery eyes like the pits of hell.

And I woke up screaming.

Cause Donghae�s face was so sexy and-

I mean, Donghae�s face was giving me seizures from its ugliness.

�Hi Yoona! Enjoying your classes? It�s weird that you�re in my homeroom but you�re in completely different classes.� She nodded, taking Seungri�s seat.

�Yeah, but it�s alright because I have Sooyoung, Seohyun, Hyoyeon, Sunny AND Jessica in my classes!� She pouted cutely. No wonder Donghae went out with her. �They keep getting ME into trouble!�

I laughed.

�Yeah, that happens. I was in Sooyoung and Seohyun�s class last year! They made me get into trouble so many times!� We laughed as Seungri came in.

�Ohh having girly chat time? Mind if I join?� He took a spare chair and sat next to Yoona. She smiled at him.

�Actually, Yoona was about to ask me about Big Bang. Why don�t you tell her, Seungri?� I said when I saw Taeyeon enter the room with a cheeky smile. Yoona looked at me with a confused look.

�I was?�

Taeyeon grabbed me and we left the room, leaving Yoona and Seungri to talk.

�OH MY GOD TAEYEON, I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU~� I stated to her with an angry tone. She stuck her tongue out and Jessica came up behind us.

�TIFF! I WANT YOU TO TELL ME WHO LIKES ME!� She pulled at my shirt sleeve. �Is it Xiah-oppa? Oh my God, if it is, then�� she sighed like as if she had a year�s supply of makeup. I raised an eyebrow at her.

�No� you�re way off.� I grinned at her and turned to Taeyeon. �And you, what is with you and your-� I waved my arms about. �sudden IMPLUSES to add THIS CHICK-� I pointed at the daydreaming Jessica. �Into our conversation! I mean, what I TELL YOU, should NOT BE DISCUSSED out loud to girls that DAYDREAM, like Jessica for example!�

Jessica turned to me with a pouting lip.

�Tiff-Tiff!� She pulled at my shirt sleeve again. �But I�m your friend! I mean, we�re both from America!�

�AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH THE REASON WHY I DON�T TELL WHAT HAPPENS AROUND MY HOUSE?!� She shrugged.

�Cause I wanna know? DUH!� The bell rung. Jessica waved bye to me and Taeyeon. We went back to class to find Yoona and Seungri discussing the club opening three weeks from now. Seungri looked up when I came back.

�Hey Tiff! Yoona knows the manager who�s opening that club! She said he�s a family friend and can arrange for Big Bang to appear on stage for a while!� I grinned at her and waved to them as I went to my seat.

Kibum wasn�t there yet. I sat down, pulling my chair in to wait for Mr. Gook and his hor.ny eyes to arrive. I pulled out my scrapbook which was coincidentally with my Maths stuff. I opened it on a random page and saw the two pages.

One was of me and Seungri last year. We were in freshmans in our first year of high school and we had snuck a camera in class. I saw the people in the background: Sooyoung and Seohyun were the only ones I recognized. Apart from someone else�

Lee Donghae was sitting in the background, two tables away from where me and Seungri were. He had his hand on his chin, staring at something. And he was smiling.

Freaky. He looked even hotter when he smiled.

I heard the chair next to mine screech against the floor. Kibum had arrived. He looked over my shoulder and noticed Donghae as well.

�Is that Donghae?� I nodded. I really didn�t remember him being in my class last year.

Mr. Gook came and he took the roll. He said something about� new classes being arranged for the advanced learning (that was stupid, considering it was 3 months until we were no longer sophomores�) and that the creepy alleyway (where Donghae had a �talk� with me) was getting REBUILT!

They better do that soon: it stunk of crap.

The bell rang and Yoona left the class. She waved goodbye to us as I took her seat again. It was Maths.

I sat back on my chair, so tempted to sleep. Stupid nightmare.

Stupid bed.

Stupid heater.

Stupid umma. I could hear her crying 5 meters down the hallway.

I pulled out my phone under the table and put a reminder to send an email to my appa. I missed him a lot.

My appa and umma divorced when I was 12. They had this huge argument that I wasn�t �learning to my full ability� and appa wanted to enroll me into this super-expensive boarding school.

Umma, being umma, hated the idea and called appa a �money-wasting bas.tard�.

The story pretty much explains itself from then on.

Appa left the next day and umma left to Korea with me on board.

To be honest, I preferred appa rather than umma: appa spent lots of time with me while umma just focuses her time on finding a new boyfriend to forget about appa.

I pulled out my permanent marker and found the page with me and my appa at the zoo three years ago. He lived in New York at the moment, in a HUUGE apartment: he was hella rich as well, so he sent me lots of gifts.

But umma always hid them away so I wouldn�t get them. D:

I drew love hearts and smiles. I missed him so much.

�Miss your appa?� Seungri leant over my shoulder, noticing my sad face. I nodded. Taeyeon patted me on the back.

�You�ll see him during the summer holidays right?� I shrugged.

�I dunno. He�s getting busier as I�m getting older. He�s going to get promoted to some head of international affairs for his company soon, so he might not have time for me��

�Awww�� Seungri squeezed my shoulders comfortingly. �It�s okay Tiff-Tiff, we�ll spend the summer with you!�

�Eww!� I pushed him away. �Spending summer with you will be even worse than spending it in a city of foreigners!� I laughed: somehow, Seungri always made me laugh.

His lips formed a pout and he did those puppy dog eyes.

�Wah? You don�t like me? But but but, I thought you LOVED ME!!!!�

The class went silent.

Oh fcuk, did everyone hear that?

�OH MY GOD! SEUNGRI-OPPA!� All of Seungri�s fangirls came rushing over to our table. I was almost crushed� by a stampede of freaks.

Crap, scratch out that last comment� and change it to insane-girls-who-are-ready-to-do-anything-to-get-their-dream-guy�s-eyes.

�SEUNGRI-OPPA! WHY DO YOU LOVE TIFFANY BUT NOT MEEEEE?!�

�Seungri-oppa, what about our night together? Don�t you remember?!�





�Seungri, WHAT NIGHT TOGETHER?!� I stared at him. Anger burned through my blood.

The same words were repeating in my brain: KILL SEUNGRI. AND KILL SEUNGRI�S FANGIRLS�

He looked at me.

�There was NEVER A NIGHT TOGETHER! I PROMISE!�

Thank God the bell rang for the 2nd period.

All their as.ses were saved.


Next was English. I sat down while everyone else rushed back to their seats.

Ms. Ahn came in holding a bunch of papers and books. She dumped them all on the teacher�s desk, wiping her brow with her wrist.

�Hello children. Well, as you heard this morning, there are going to be some new changes since we have advanced learners. Well, I have here some students who are going to get moved to the advanced class for English.

�Those students are� Kim Kibum,� no surprise there� �Hwang Tiffany�� Me? �And Bae JaeLin.� That random dude who asked me out. I turned to look at him and he winked at me. I could feel Seungri going MAD MAD MAD.

I stood up with my books. I took the slip that Ms. Ahn gave me. She told us the room we were supposed to go in and gave us tiny slips. Taeyeon, Yuri and Seungri waved bye to me, frowning. They won�t have someone to copy off during the next English test.

The three of us traveled quietly. JaeLin-dude kept walking next me. He smelt funny.

Kibum walked ahead of us.

What was his rush?

We went into the classroom: it was my ex-vacant one until Mr. I-Have-Bad-Smelling-Aftershave had to steal it.

I was feeling very sarcastic. Very.


I walked into the class.

I immediately spotted Jessica (she was from America as well) and Sunny (rich enough to afford a tutor) in the back row. Sunny sat to an empty seat while Jessica sat next to Yesung: she kept flattening her hair. When they saw me, they waved at me so hard I thought their arms were gonna fly off and hit the ceiling.

And then�

In the third row�

.

.

.

.

.


Was Lee Donghae.

.

.

.

.

.

Next to an empty seat.

God kill me where I stand.

�Okay class, these are the final additions to our class.� The teacher said, forcing me to line up next to Kibum. God, he looked scary now, when I was so afraid.

�This is Bae JaeLin, Kim Kibum and Hwang Tiffany.�

I could see Donghae�s eyes look up when my name was mentioned.

�I have a seating plan right here. Kibum, you�re next to Sunny at the back. And JaeLin, the seat right next to EunBin in the first row. And Tiffany��

Please God no�

�You�re next to Lee Donghae in the third row.

GOD, I BEG OF YOU, KILL ME WHERE I STAND!!!!

I moved slowly to my seat. I could feel his eyes on me as I sat next to him. I flattened my skirt and he sat leaning with his arm on the table while staring at me with eyes in disbelief.

�You��

Fcuk, I am officially in hell.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment