Friday, August 13, 2010

chapter 1

I sat in the empty classroom, my head down as I scribbled furiously on the piece of paper.

I leant back on the chair, brushing my long hair out of the way. I placed my pen down and allowed my fingers to stretch.

Was I the only one in my class to start the Science essay?

I stopped when I heard screaming outside the classroom. Oh great, it was time.

I left the classroom, to find girls running down the corridors with pink frilly bows and gifts in their arms.

I�d probably never get used to the sight of it.

And then, I saw them.

The 13 boy group.

Super Junior.

Oh God, the sight of them makes me mel-

I mean, the sight of them makes me sick. sweatingbullets.gif

There was Leetuek, the leader of the group. With his good leadership skills, he could make student body president. But with hordes of fangirls chasing him up and down the corridors, how could he survive a meeting with girls pressed against the glass, staring at him? A senior, he was known throughout the whole school as a legend. Like TVXQ and the Big Bang group in our school.

Also in the same year level as him was prince Heechul. He wasn�t really a prince. He just acted like one. Spotless hair. Total womanizer. He called all his fans �petals�.

Going too overboard? Tell me about it.

Hankyung was also another senior in the group. With his perfect athletic skills, he was a transfer from China. If you ask me, his Korean really sucked. He couldn�t even write the characters properly.

Now for the sophomores. Yesung was the �stunner�: he made girls faint. And there was Kangin, judo captain of the school.

I personally don�t understand how this guy got into the group: Shindong. All he did was eat. But maybe because he was such good friends with Eunhyuk and could choreograph and dance was probably part of the reason why he was in the group.

Sungmin: one word: looks. And Eunhyuk? Leader of the dance group. Shiwon, the brains.

The next guy, I could not stand.

Lee Donghae. He was the player of Super Junior. He could dance as well as sing. But there was nothing I liked about him, considering how many girls he�d dated and dumped within the week.

I�ve never spoken to him, even though he was in the same year I was. He acted like a real as.shole. Even my friends were played by him. But they still liked him. I go �what the hell?� to them when they sigh after him.

The next two were in my class: Ryeowook and Kibum. Ryeowook was a real shy one, but when he sang he shone. He had this gorgeous voice that could make you sleep while Kibum had the best personality.

And last but not least, Kyuhyun. The baby of the group. The youngest at 16, he was a freshman but was accepted the moment he stepped into the school for his shy smile and hypnotizing voice.

All thirteen.

All thirteen boys from my school.

God, you don�t even wanna know how many guys the girls here wanted.


It made me sick.

I tried to pass the crowd but fcuk I tripped. With so many fangirl legs sticking out underneath me, it was the only thing I could do.

I landed on my face, books scattered around me. Right in the way of Super Junior.

God, kill me where I lay.

�Are you alright?� I heard a kind voice. I looked up and saw Park Leetuek, his hand offered to help me up. I took it, standing on my feet. �You took quite a fa-�

He barely managed to finish his sentence when Heechul pushed him aside and took my hand in his. His lips brushed against the skin on the back of my hand before I could pull away.

�Are you alright, little petal? You took quite a fall�� I noticed Leetuek in the back, rolling his eyes.

�Uh�� I couldn�t say anything: I was burning up and my head felt light. I mean, I dislike these guys, but I didn�t want to do anything offending in front of their fangirls who could be chasing after me with pitchforks within seconds.

�Kibum, who is this beautiful petal?�

Kibum looked at me, his eyes studying me up and down. Wait. Oh cr.ap, I was in his class.

�That�s Tiffany. She�s a transfer from America. She�s nothing special.�



.



.



She�s nothing special.

She�s nothing special.

She�s nothing special.

She�s nothing special.

She�s nothing special.

tears.gif

I was almost crying when the bell rang. Saved by the bell.

I felt like crawling into a corner and crying. Why did he have to be so mean? T.T

Everyone began leaving, until it was me and Donghae. He was looking at me with a funny expression but then he looked away and walked off, leaving me with my books.



I barely made it to my class. I took my seat, which was next to Seungri. He looked at me but we couldn�t talk because the teacher, Mr. Gook, was already taking the roll.

I waited as more students came into our class. Out of the whole Super Junior group, there was Ryeowook and Kibum in my class. Teachers didn�t want too many girls fainting in their classes.

Seungri was my best friend ever since I came to Korea. After my parents divorced, my umma and I moved to Korea. My umma�s old friend, Seungri�s umma, let us stay with her.

At first, I didn�t like him because those were the times when cuties were around. I avoided him. And then we moved out and our ummas decided to enroll us at the same schools.

So I was stuck with him for this whole period of time and we got to know each other. And now we�re like brother and sister.

At least, so I thought.

Seungri wrote down something on a piece of paper and shoved it at me.

Where were you?

I wrote back on the same sheet, my characters messy as I caught Mr. Gook staring at me.

I was doing the Science essay. I got caught up by Super Junior.

Seungri grinned to himself mainly before answering back.

What�d you do? Sexually harass them with your fangirling?

I fumed.

�I did NOT SEXUALLY HARASS THEM!�





.

.




�What did you say, miss Hwang?� Mr. Gook said to me, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. God, I hated it when he did that. Made him look like a hor.ny bas.tard.

�I said that I enjoyed your History lecture last lesson sir.� Seungri was choking on his laugh under the table. Mr. Gook lowered his eyebrow and continued talking about the latest West Seoul High School news.

I slapped Seungri hard on the back. He was still choking: stupid idi.ot dry.gif . Taeyeon behind me was close to tears, covering her mouth with her hand.

The bell rang, signaling first period. Mr. Gook left. I turned around while Seungri and Taeyeon burst out laughing. I glared at Seungri, scrunching the message sheet into a ball and throwing it at his head.

�Ya! What was that for?� I said while Yuri came over, giggling.

Seungri barely managed to say his answer.

�I wanted to see your reaction!� He said in between pants. I pouted but joined their laughing.

When we were out of breath, I pulled out my English homework so they could copy. I looked at Seungri who was leaning back on his chair.

�Aren�t you gonna copy?� He shook his head and pulled out his own sheet.

�My umma told me off for not doing my work. She�s been monitoring me for the past week.� I grinned at him.

Yes, I was the nerd of the group. I always did the homework while they knew the usual routine: copy the nerd�s.

But they didn�t have to call me that.

�Ya, nerd, what does this mean?� Yuri asked, pointing at something on the page. My eyes narrowed at their �pet� name for me before answering.

�It�s asking for a definition.� Yuri made an �o� shape with her mouth: a sign that she didn�t get it. �Ya, you should go to America.�

�It�s not my fault you were born there.� Yuri pouted while finishing off her work. I took my sheet back and placed it back into my book.

�Oh yeah. Yuri, has Micky-oppa asked her yet?� Seungri asked Yuri.

�Oops. Sorry Seungri. Micky-oppa hasn�t asked her yet.� Seungri nodded a bit sadly before turning back to the desk, chatting with the guy in front of us.

�What about?� Taeyeon asked Yuri suspiciously.

�Seungri asked Micky-oppa about this song he thought of sending. Big Bang wanna go into the music industry, and Micky-oppa�s girlfriend has connections to one.�

Of course. Micky and the senior princess BoA Kwon. Micky was Yuri�s part cousin (something about second cousin twice, third or fourth times removed� some crap like that). She met up him every time they went home, so fangirls stalked her home.

I feel sorry for her for having such a popular �cousin�.

And Big Bang? A popular music band in our school. Seungri was the youngest member in it. They did hip-hop, rapping and dancing. All the members were really nice to me, since I was like Seungri�s �baby� sister.

There were seniors Jiyong aka G.Dragon, Seunghyun aka TOP and Taeyang. Both Jiyong and Seunghyun were taken: Jiyong with senior girls Sohee and Seunghyun with Yoobin.

And the sophomores were Daesung and Seungri. Daesung had these chubby, squeezable cheeks that I wanted to grab. But I didn�t try: unless I wanted to be crushed by fangirls.

Girls were jealous of me for being Seungri�s best friend: they had issues. He was always teasing me and he was actually a slob. I�ve been in his room: you couldn�t even find the desk hidden underneath the mess. dry.gif

�Ya, Tiffany, do you have the History homework as well? I fell asleep halfway during the lecture Mr. Gook gave �cause his droning voice reminded me of my umma�s vacuum.� I rolled my eyes at Taeyeon�s lame excuse. I shoved the pile of papers at her, to tease her.

But it seriously was the homework.

Her jaw hit the ground.

�Liar!!!� She pouted and took the first sheet on the pile. Her expression was priceless and we all laughed at her.


.

.

.

.

After our first and second period, Hyoyeon, Jessica and Sunny were waiting for us outside our class. Even though me and Seungri were best friends, we hung out with our own groups.

�Ya, you took your time,� Jessica said, bonking my head. I rubbed it mockingly before punching her back. We had a violent relationship. Like sisters.

But we didn�t inflict that many injuries on each other. tongue.gif

�Then you should�ve taken your time coming here!� I answered back with a smile. Jessica grinned at me before saying,

�Sooyoung and Seohyun are being kept in: they were playing chicken in class.� Taeyeon and Yuri grinned: they were doing the same.

They �accidentally� kept kicking my chair during the game.

�Who won?� Taeyeon asked: she was the winner. Hyoyeon grinned, looking through her books.

�Seohyun of course. Sooyoung screamed out loud when Seohyun hit the bruise she got last week from me.� We laughed and split ways to go to our lockers.

On our way, we saw plenty of people. There was Jaejoong-oppa (Sunny�s secret crush), Micky (Yuri said a bubbly �hi� to her kind-of-intimidating cousin) and Yunho pulling a number of girls to his side.

God, this school has too many players.

I ate my lunch silently. I glanced at my watch and stood up.

�Where are you going, Tiff?� Jessica asked me when she stopped playing with her salad. �Sooyoung and Seohyun haven�t even come out yet.�

�Yeah, but I wanna finish my Science essay soon.� I glanced at Sunny, Taeyeon and Yuri quickly. �Just in case they want to use mine as a guide.� The three nodded instantly and pushed me away.

Goddamnit, they were using me.

�Ya, ya, go off and do your work!� They shouted at me. They waved a bit over-eagerly as I disappeared from the cafeteria. I went back to my locker and took out my textbooks, pens and paper.

I walked down the empty corridors, my feet tapping against the carpeted floor loudly. It was so quiet, that I didn�t like it.

But part of me did.

I headed down to my usual classroom. It was always empty and it had air-con and a heater for winter.

How lucky.

When I went to open the door a crack, I almost screamed.

It wasn�t empty.

There was Daesung and Taeyang from Big Bang.

Kill me. Why was I running into the most wanted people in our school?

�Taeyang-hyung, you gotta give it. You can�t keep it forever!� Daesung was saying.

�Yeah, but what if she rejects me?�

�Well, at least you tried! Come on, I�ll be there, cheering you on!�

What the hell were they talking about? I peeked back into the room to see Taeyang holding an envelope.

A love letter.

I rolled my eyes and quietly shut the door. I tiptoed away until I was far away and began walking again.

My room was taken.

I felt sad.

Instead I took a detour and found another room identical to it. I sat down and began working.

I was always like this every lunch. My friends didn�t mind. All seven of them actually thought I was smart.

But there was always a reason behind everything I do:

I wanted to be loved.

I wanted to be seen.

I wanted to be adored.

I wanted to be popular.

Instead, I was stuck in a classroom during lunchtimes writing out assignments that should be homework.

I could�ve given up on work and worked on social skills. But I sucked: I turn red the moment a guy touches me. I was so close to being allergic to guys, except Seungri.

But I�d never get to do homework at home anyway.

Only five minutes through the first paragraph, I heard the door open.

And in came Lee Dong-hae.

Great. My horrible day just got worse.

�What are you doing here?� He said in a brisk voice. I swallowed.

�Work. Are you blind?� Sh.it, did I just answer back at a Super Junior? A Super Junior?

If any of those fangirls, Jessica, Yuri AND Sunny included, heard that I said that to Dong-hae, the Dong-hae, they�d murder me on the spot.

He just glared at me. I put my head down, packing up my stuff.

�Don�t worry, I�m leaving anyway.� I grabbed my books and went past him. The smell of aftershave hit my nose: it smelt so�

Crappy.

When I walked past him, I swear I saw a hint of a smirk on his lips.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment