Friday, August 13, 2010

chapter 10

If anyone ever said you can die and come back alive in 0.3 seconds, they were hella right.

��� My mouth was open for a while but it closed when I heard Jaejin speak again.

�Look��

�Tiffany.� I turned to the right when I heard that too-familiar voice.

Lee Donghae was approaching us. His hands shoved in his pockets and his face neutral, he went to stand next to me.

�Tiffany, let�s go.� He grabbed my hand and dragged me away from my locker. I looked back to see Jaejin hesitating to follow me, seeing that I was with� this guy.

�What are you doing?� I hissed under my breath when we reached the stairways. Donghae still had my hand trapped in his iron grip.

�Saving your ass.� He muttered back as he pulled me outside.

Oh crap.

Oh crap.

Oh CRAP!

What if Seungri saw us?

What if my friends saw me!?

THE RUMOURS WOULD BE ENDLESS!

�No!� I grabbed his arm with my free hand and tried to pull him back into the school.

�What the fcuk are you trying to do, you crazy bit-� He cut off on the last word when he seemed to have spotted Seungri sitting on the bench with the rest of Big Bang. �Oh.� We went back into the office where the lady at the reception was eying us suspiciously.

�Damn it.� I swore under my breath. One eye witness I�d have to kill later�

.

.

.

.

.

.

Just kidding. I�m not a mad serial killer.

Or am I?

Getting off subject a bit here�



I pulled Donghae over into the empty classroom. Stacks of papers were on the desk, messily unsorted.

�Wow, nice choice.� Donghae said under his breath sarcastically. I hit him on the shoulder hard but he didn�t flinch.

He went over to the window and opened it. He swung one leg over the other onto the windowsill and glanced at me.

�Coming or not?� I gaped at him.

�What? You mean, out there?� I pointed at him, gawking. He rolled his eyes but held out his hand.

�Come on, you don�t want to spent the rest of the day with Jaejin-freak staring at your back, now do you?�

Point taken. I ran to his side and placed my hand in his. Donghae took it firmly, and leapt out the window. Thank God we were on the ground floor. He helped me out.

Sheesh, he can be a gentleman when he wants to.

He shoved his hands into his pockets again coolly and approached the wired fence that bordered the entire school.

Donghae turned back to me and used his head to indicate where we were headed. �Wanna wag?� I gaped at him.

�You mean, skip school?� He shrugged.

�Come on, it�s the only way to get out.�

I bit my lip in uncertainty. �But I�m in a skirt.�

�I�ll throw you over.�

�NO!�

�I was kidding you idi.ot.�

�Well, you made it sound serious.� He sighed and checked his watch.

�Come on, 25 minutes till lunch ends. Now or never?� I bit my lip harder and sighed after 3 seconds.

�Fine.� I approached the fence hesitantly but Donghae was too quick.

In 4 seconds, he was on the other side. My jaw dropped.

�HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?!�

�I�ll tell you if you hurry up.�

Oh right.

I bit my lip and went backwards for a run-up.

Wrong move: I tripped over thin air.

Donghae rolled his eyes and climbed back over.

Damn him: at least he didn�t have woman pains. T.T

He grabbed my hand. �Come on.�

He pulled me up and showed me how to do it.

�Grab onto the wires and pull yourself up while placing your feet into the gaps.�

Easier said than done.

He went over again and I followed.

Aish my foot hurt like hell.

Donghae didn�t care cause he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the school. We passed around 3 blocks silently when I raised a question.

�Won�t it make us more suspicious if we�re in school uniform?�

He turned to glare at me.

�No sh.it. That�s why we�re going to go there.� He pointed at the shop across the street.













�WHAT?! OKAY, I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL NOW!� I pulled on his arm and tried to get him back but he stood on the spot as if he were glued to the floor.

�What the fcuk? You�re the one that decided to get out, genius.� Donghae said sarcastically. I glared at him: with pleading eyes.

�Please?!�

�No way. I haven�t had lunch yet. Come on, my shout?�

Hm, sounded reasonable�

.

.

.

.

�Fine.� I puffed my cheeks up. �But if anyone asks, I�m your little sister.� He let out a chuckle and pulled me to the door.

I just noticed�

He had a hold on my hand all the way from the school to here.

^^

No wait.

SCRIBBLE THAT OUT!!! IGNORE THAT ^^ THING!!!

.

.

.

Lee Donghae pulled me into the shop. It looked pretty good, and expensive: better not let this chance past. The waitress noticed him immediately, but also seemed to notice the iron-grip he had my hand in.

I think my fingers were broken�

The waitress came up to us and flicked her hair.

.

.

.

.

.

� Was she flirting?

NO WOMAN FLIRTS WHILE HWANG TIFFANY WAS AROUND, BI.TCH!

�Hi, how many?�

�2. For me and my,� He glanced at me, a mischievous grin on his face. �Girlfriend.�







Oh no.

He did not say what I thought he said.

What was it? His Girlfriend?

Oh hell no.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I am going to murder him.

The waitress puffed her cheeks up angrily and pointed to a table in the back. Donghae gave her some kind of death glare, I think and she redirected us to a table near the wall with our backs to the window.

I sat across him, careful to not let my skin touch his. I glared at him until he raised an eyebrow questioningly.

�Why. Did. You. Say. That. I. Was. Your. GIRLFRIEND?!� I hissed at him angrily. He gave that mischievous grin again.

�She was flirting with me. What else could I do, let her follow me around?�

�Better that than having people think I�m your girlfriend!� I slammed my fist on the table gently. Donghae just chuckled and glanced at the waitress who had served us. She was glaring at me *especially* and a new person came to take our orders.

This time, it was a guy.

�What would you like?� He was pretty cute, and I started burning up straight away.

Donghae noticed.

�Yeah, I�d like an iced coffee, and a bowl of black bean sauce noodles.� He turned to me and stared at me�

.

.

.

.

You won�t believe it�

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

In a loving way.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

*shiver* Was this revenge?

�What would you like, my darling?�



What the fcuk did he just call me?

I was about to pounce on him and rip his brains out like a cheetah.

ARRGHH!!!

LEE DONGHAE, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DRIVE ME CRAZY?!

I gave him that same sugary smile that I saved for pure sarcasm.

�I�ll have some kimbap and iced tea, cutie.� I winked at the waiter who turned red instantly. He walked off like a robot and I turned back to Donghae.

Who was glaring at me.

�What the hell was that?� My smirk turned into a full blown glare at him.

�Look who�s talking! What the hell was with the �darling� and the corny smile that almost made me vomit!�

.

.

.

.

Okay, that vomit thing was a lie. I actually wanted to melt.

.

.

.

.

�It was to make sure that stupid waitress wouldn�t come back!�

�Sure sure, you just really wanted to hear that come out of your mouth, didn�t you?�

�As if. If that ever passed my lips, directed to you, it�d be the end of the world.�

�Hm, doesn�t this remind you of those olden day bickers you and me used to have?�

�Don�t say it like we were together. It gives me goosebumps.� I smiled at him mockingly before playing with the tissue dispenser. I pulled tissue over tissue until a whole pile grew in front of me.

.

.

.

.

.

Hehehehehehehehehe�

.

.

.

.

.

Donghae slapped my hand and placed the tissue dispenser back against the wall.

�Stop it.�

Geez, he sounded like my umma when I was 5.

I pouted like a little kid and kicked his shin underneath the table.



No effect.

Damnit, was he made of stone?

He glared at me with a look that asked if I wanted to die.

Our food came and I ate slowly. He was watching me chew my food.



�Mind looking somewhere else?�

�That line sounds so familiar��

�I want to go back to school.�

�Screw that, I�m not going back.�

�Fine, I will.�

�As if you could climb over that fence by yourself again.�

�� AISH!�

I took a sip of my iced tea and kept watching him. He sighed and placed down his chopsticks.

�What?�

�How did you know Yoona?� Donghae�s lips automatically shut tight. I sighed and put my cup down on the coaster.

�How do you know her? When did you start dating?�

�Last year.�

�Summer break?�

He gave me a look that surprised even me.

It was a look of sadness.



Wow, Lee Donghae had a side like this?



�How did you meet her?�

�We were friends while we were younger.�

�So you just decided to go out with her now?�

���

�Why�d you break up?�

�I knew what we had wasn�t real.�

I played with the straw in my iced tea as I tried to keep my eyes off him.

.

.

.

What was hidden beneath this heartless player? Someone real? A human being?

.

.

.

I picked up my chopsticks to get the last kimbap but Donghae was faster. He picked it up with his.

�Open your mouth.� I gave him a funny look.

�What�s up with the corniness?�

�She�s staring at me again.� I looked at the entrance with the corner of my eye to see that same waitress staring at me.

*shiver* I opened my mouth and allowed Donghae to place the kimbap in my mouth.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Oh God, I pray no one from school is watching�

I chewed it ruefully before swallowing it down.

�I didn�t poison it, you know.�

�Just making sure.�

He sighed again. I threw him another question.

�How�d you know about her feelings?�

�There�s another guy.�

�Wow! Really? Lee Donghae actually has competition?� He rolled his eyes.

�No sh.it. Everyone does.� I bit my lip.

�So, she was dating you for�?�

�How should I know? I just knew that she didn�t really love me.�

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

There was more to this guy than anyone ever knew.

.

.

.

.

�Come on, let�s go.� Donghae threw down a bill and we stood up. I looked out the window.

�Oh great.�

Buckets of water were pouring down from the sky.

�And they say it�s spring soon.� Donghae let out a deep sigh as I stood at the front door. I instinctively ran a hand through my hair.

AISH, WHY WAS I SO STUPID AS TO STRAIGHTEN MY HAIR TODAY!?

I glanced at Donghae but he was gone.

I looked around.

DID HE LEAVE ME?!

Not in that kind of sense.

�Donghae?� I whispered, just in case he was behind something to scare the crap out of me.

Where was he?! T.T

Now playing, Hwang Tiffany scared witless.

�Sh.it.� I swore under my breath, playing with my hands in front of me.

I looked down at my feet and looked up when I heard the bell at the top of the room tingle.

And there, stood a soaked Lee Donghae.

I pouted at him.

�Where have you been?� He glared at me from beneath his wet hair that covered his face.

�A duh.� He showed me the umbrella he held in his hands. A tag hung from the handle.

�You bought an umbrella? That fast?!�

.

.

.

.

.

Wow, Lee Donghae actually had a heart.

.

.

.

.

.

�Can�t let you get a cold now, can I?� He said cockily, grinning at me. I walked towards him and parted away the hair that covered his eyes. He felt so cold. He flinched instinctively when he felt my fingers touch his forehead.

�Come on, I�ll take you home.� He opened the umbrella and we stood out into the rain. �Where do you live?�

I told him my address and we walked silently on the road, walking away from road where the cars passed by, spraying water everywhere onto the sideway.

�Aren�t you cold?� I asked, noticing his shivering figure. I took off my blazer and gave it to him. He put it over his shoulders and gave me a thankful look.

�Thanks.�

I felt pretty bad, being dry while Donghae was soaked to the skin. The white shirt he wore was now almost transparent and his usually puffy hair was now flat and wet.

I checked my watch. School was almost over.

As we walked silently towards my house, I was thinking about Donghae and Yoona.

.

.

.

Who was his competition?

Who was it that Yoona really loved?

Was Donghae sad, that a girl he dated loved someone else?

.

.

.

Now that I heard about Donghae�s loss, I wanted to know more about him.

.

.

.

.

I wanted to know what it was that was keeping Yoona and Donghae apart.

.

.

.

No, wait.

I wanted to know who it was that was keeping Yoona and Donghae apart.

.

.

.

.

.

.

There was more that lied behind this heartless mask.

.

.

.

.

�What�s up with you?� I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard his question that sounded more like a command.

�Oh.� I looked away when I felt his piercing eyes examining me. �It�s nothing.�

�Are you worried if I�m cold or not?�

�Uh, yeah.�

�I�m fine. This ain�t gonna kill me.� I smiled at his smart remark.

How I missed those old days when me and him were arguing.

Before this problem with Lee Jaejin came.

.

.

.

Before my lie with Seungri.

.

.

.

Before everything came up.

.

.

.

�Oh really now? What if you come up to school tomorrow, half-dead?�

�As if. I�m not one of those guys who dies from a cold.� He scoffed. My smile got bigger.

�Suure~ I�d love to believe you but,� I clicked with my tongue. �You know, you�re not that kind of guy!�

Donghae�s jaw fell and a smile appeared on his face.

�Really? You think so?� He gestured at himself while still holding the umbrella in his right hand. �You think this won�t last?�

I laughed. �Fiine, I was just kidding!� I skipped ahead.

I didn�t really care about my hair anymore. The rain fell into my hair like diamonds and I skipped ahead, not caring if the mud stained my socks.

I don�t think I�d be going to school tomorrow.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

�Yoonha.� I turned around when I heard my name being called. The boy ran up to me, grabbing my hand as I turned around on my seat. His face was so blurry, I couldn�t remember anything. After all, I was four years old, barely enough to remember anything.

�What�s wrong?� I asked, twirling a curl of hair in my hand. �And for the last time, it�s �Yoona�, not Yoonha!� I stated angrily, pouting.

The boy just laughed anyway and made me get out of my seat. His short, spiky hair stood up in strands, gelled up perfectly by his caring umma.

His appa was overseas, working constantly, barely home.

And my parents?

We were just family friends with this rich family.

And the other boy�

�Donghae! Let�s go play �The Rose of Sharon�!� (A/N: The Rose of Sharon was played in SuJu Full House Ep.3. Other versions include Japanese �Daruma Doll� etc�)

I pouted.

�But there�s only 3 of us! How can we play?� The boy just laughed.

Donghae came over, skipping while sucking on a lollipop.

�Ya, Donghae! I want one too!� The boy said, reaching out for Donghae�s lollipop. Donghae skipped a step back.

�Nuh uh! Get your own one!� The boy pouted angrily.

�I can�t! Grandpa will yell at me!� Me and Donghae laughed and we grabbed the other boy�s hand and ran outside.

I turned back to look at the other two, to see they had changed.

The four-year old Donghae was now replaced with the present one, his mouth set in the firm line that made him look as if he was scowling.

And the boy, was replaced by that familiar figure. His hair sticking up magically, without the use of the gel. And his eyes were sparkling happily, a broad smile on his face.











�Yoona! Wake up!� I felt a hand on my shoulder as I sat up, yawning. I looked up to see Jessica next to me. She smiled when she saw my half-closed eyes.

�Come on sleepy-head! It�s the end of class. We have to go by Tiff�s house to see where the hell she went!� I nodded and picked my books up, rubbing my eyes sleepily.

Sunny grinned at me.

�Did you have a nice dream?� I smiled at her and nodded.

�Of course. I always do.�

Of that one boy I still love.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

�Ah, we�re here.� I pulled my wet hair out of my face and saw my house.

�Guess I�d have to go to school tomorrow to get my stuff.� I sighed. I turned back to Donghae who was as wet as me. The umbrella was folded at his side and we stood in front of my house, drenched in water.

�Yeah. I�ll come tomorrow as well. I�d really hate to miss Jaejin�s expression tomorrow when he finds out who you really are.� I glared at him.

�Bah, don�t remind me.� I stood on the front step to turn back to look at Donghae. �Wanna come in to dry yourself?�

He shrugged. �Sure. Why not? Might as well see your house.�

*shiver* It was kinda like letting your boyfriend to meet your parents for the first time.

I pulled out my keys and opened the door. I had left my cellphone in my bag back at school.

And Sooyoung had stolen my lunch. ==�

I walked into the doorway, taking off my shoes. Donghae followed. We both left a trail of water in the hallway.

I�ll clean it up later.

For now, I just have to make my guest feel welcome.

� Why was I acting so nice to Donghae all of a sudden?

Maybe because he talked to me. About Yoona. Who was my friend.

Wow.

�Wait here, I�ll grab a towel and clothes for you.� He gave me a questioning eyebrow.

�Clothes?� I rolled my eyes.

�Oh my God, MY CLOTHES OF COURSE!� I said sarcastically. �As if. My appa left some spares in the house in case he came over.�

�Where is he now?� I gulped down as I walked into the bathroom to grab some towels.

�America.� I felt my voice crack a bit. My appa was still a tender subject for me at the moment.

I peeled off my wet shirt to reveal the black spaghetti top beneath it. I rummaged through the cupboard to find the stash of clean towels I folded last week.

I felt Donghae appear behind me. I turned around and almost squeaked.

He had taken off his shirt and the blazer/s.

Now he stood in my bathroom, clad in only a wet singlet and black pants.

And me only in a spaghetti top.

Oh God, please don�t make me melt�

�Towel�� I said in a weak voice. He grabbed it off me and started drying his hair. I turned around and pulled out another one for myself. I placed the towel over my head and started drying it as well, using the folds of it to cover the hot guy in front of me.

Wait a second, did I just say hot?

I paused for a few seconds as I pondered on what the hell I just thought.

Donghae across me sighed and started rubbing my hair.

�Geez, what�s up with the doped-ness?�

�TIFFANY~ Your front door was open so I just cam-� Seungri stopped at the bathroom door.

His eyes widened. I guess the scene of Donghae in a singlet and pants and me in the school skirt and a black spaghetti top in the bathroom with towels on our heads with him touching my head wasn�t a really good sight.

�Seungri�� I whispered.

� Sh.it.

No comments:

Post a Comment