Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kissing You 5

Kissing You chapter 5


5th grade

"Yum," Jessica said as she bit into the cookie hungrily. "Jiyong, your umma's really good at baking these sugar cookies. Mine can't bake anything except cakes, but that gets a little tiring at times, you know?"

Jiyong smiled. "Yeah, sure,"

Jessica looked up suspiciously. "You are listening right?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Mm, just 'cuz. But........... I want to go to Lotte World today, and umma won't take me. Aren't you going?"

Jiyong replied, "Umm, sure, let me go ask. UMMA, DO WE HAVE EXTRA SPACE IN OUR CAR TO GO TO LOTTE WORLD?" he shouted upstairs.

"Yes," his mom called back, "and no shouting in the house Jiyong."

"Yes," Jiyong whispered, and started snickering with Jessica.

"No laughing behind my back either," his mom called.

The two looked at each other incredulously as to how she heard them laughing when she was upstairs.

"I have the most sensitive ears in our family dear," Jiyong's mother said as if reading their minds.

Jessica and Jiyong raised their eyebrows, surprised, and shrugged and returned to eating their cookies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey!! Donghae!" Junsu shouted while waving his hand wildly. Donghae walked over and Junsu immediately lowered his voice to a whisper. "I heard you went on a date with Jessica," he said grinning evilly.

"Mm... yeah, so what?" Donghae asked.

"Tell me how it went!" Junsu shouted.

"Nope," Donghae answered. "Anyways, if everything goes the way I planned it, the whole story will be everywhere by lunch."

Junsu cocked his head to one side. "What does that mean?"

Donghae smiled. "You'll see," he said, and pushed Junsu's head, causing him to almost fall over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Really?! You did go on a date with Donghae?" Mi Sung asked Jessica.

"Yeah!" Jessica nodded proudly. "We kissed too," she whispered as if it were a secret. The group of girls surrounding her squealed and giggled as if she were a celebrity. Donghae and Junsu, both walking down the hall, noticed this, and Donghae grinned and pointed out the circle.

"A lip kiss?" Soojin asked excitedly.

"Uh huh," Jessica replied. The group of girls surrounding her moved down the hall, asking questions as they moved along.

"Donghae?" Junsu whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Why do I get the feeling that somehow, there are a lot of people behind us staring you down?"

The two friends turned around and saw a mob of boys standing behind them. The mob rushed at Donghae and started giving him compliments on getting a date with and kissing the Ice Princess. The last Junsu saw of Donghae was his hand waving out to him to go to class first, before Donghae was swallowed by the crowd. Their other two friends, Eunhyuk and Ryeowook, walked up behind Junsu.

"Jessica?" Ryeowook asked boredly. The four were used to the constant gossip about Donghae and Jessica.

"Yup," Junsu answered.

"Oh hey, speaking of girls, I met Donghae's friend yesterday. You know Hyoyeon?" Eunhyuk said suddenly.

"Oh yeah," Ryeowook answered.

"Mm hmm," Junsu said.

"Anyways, did you know that she goes to the same dance studio I go to? It's weird we never saw each other," Eunhyuk said.

"Whatever," Ryeowook immediately dragged Eunhyuk toward their classroom, "first period is the only class I share with Yoona, and I think she's going to be there early today."

"Kay," Junsu called, "bye!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Surprisingly, when Ryeowook and Eunhyuk got to their classroom, Yoona wasn't there.

"Hey," Ryeowook asked confusedly, "where is she?"

"Oh, Yoona unnie?" a group of first-years answered. "She's busy showing her new outfit to Donghae oppa, I think."

Ryeowook's eye twitched. "Are you sure? Are you sure she didn't go somewhere? Like... Lotte World?"

The three looked at him strangely. "Why would she go to Lotte World?"

"I don't know!" Ryeowook yelled, and ran out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh Sooyoung~ Lookit what I have!!" Yuri ran towards Sooyoung carrying something behind her back.

"Oh Yuri~" Sooyoung mimicked. "Is it a bomb that's taped to your hand and will explode before you reach me?"

"No!" Yuri screamed. "It's the-" here she stopped to take a deep breath, "Ultra-Special-Super-Secret-Greatly-Limited-Edition-Coffee-Prince-Noodle-Bowl-With-Chopsticks-To-Go-With-It!!" she shouted.

"OMIGOSH!" Sooyoung screamed. "Is it THE Ultra-Special-Super-Secret-Greatly-Limited-Edition-Coffee-Prince-Noodle-Bowl-With-Chopsticks-To-Go-With-It that goes with my coffee cup?"

"YES!!" Yuri yelled.

"Giveittome!!!" Sooyoung shouted.

"Do you think I'll give it you?" Yuri asked sweetly.

"YES!"

"Sure," Yuri continued in her sweet tone, and she started to hand it over to Sooyoung when she pulled it back. "HA! You're wrong!! I'm keeping this! You know why? My uncle-twice-removed-from-my-umma's-side that has connections got me this so that........ wait I don't know why he got this for me, but it works to my advantage, so yay me!"

Sooyoung sighed. "Well, I guess you're right, this is yours, so I shouldn't take it from you."

Yuri choked on the sparkling water she was drinking. "What?"

"You heard me."

Yuri straightened her clothes. "Well, I'm glad you see it that way-"

"Just kidding! Give it to me!" Sooyoung shrieked and dove headfirst towards Yuri for the bowl.

"Hah!" Yuri pulled the bowl back and Sooyoung fell face-first into the dirt. "I totally saw that coming! Now...... Oh Donghae oppa!" she called. "Look at my Ultra-Special-Super-Secret-Greatly-Limited-Edition-Coffee-Prince-Noodle-Bowl-With-Chopsticks-To-Go-With-It! I got it for you!"

"Hey, you! Come back!" Sooyoung yelled as she pushed herself up and started running after Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Donghae oppa!" Yuri said sweetly as she ran towards him. "If Sooyoung-monster asks, you don't have it. It's a present for you, nothing else."

"Oh!" Donghae said. "It's the Ultra-Special-Super-Secret-Greatly-Limited-Edition-Coffee-Prince-Noodle-Bowl-With-Chopsticks-To-Go-With-It right?"

"Yes!" Yuri replied. "It's for you, just keep it before Sooyoung-monster gets it."

"Oh Yuri-monster~!" they heard Sooyoung call. "I'm here for my gift!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Yuri screamed and ran off.

"Oh, hi Donghae oppa!" Sooyoung said cutely. "Um, Yuri mentioned giving something to you that she wanted to give to me, do you have it?"

"Sure Sooyoung, here you go! I'm not that into Coffee Prince anyway," Donghae said.

"Thanks! Now if you'll excuse me...... HAHA YURI-MONSTER, YOU HID IT USING ALL OF YOUR METHODS AND I STILL GOT IT! TAKE THAT!" Sooyoung yelled and ran in the same direction as Yuri.

Kibum jogged up next to Donghae. "Oh, hey Donghae, do you know where Yuri is?"

"Um...." Donghae slowly pointed in the direction that the two girls had run off to.

"Oh, I know now. Thanks!" Kibum called back as he started following the girls. "I'd better make sure they don't kill each other," he grinned before he was out of Donghae's sight.

"Huh, strange day today," Donghae said before he walked into his classroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh Changminnie! Sungminnie!" Heechul waved to his friends from the gate. Taeyeon walked up behind him.

"Oh Heechullie!" she mimicked. "Oh wait, I'm sorry, you don't fit in that group! Just like everywhere else!"

Heechul made a face. Taeyeon glared at him. He glared back. They continued that way until Changmin and Sungmin made their way up to them.

"Um, Heechul? Taeyeon?" Changmin asked.

"Hello?" Sungmin waved a hand in between their faces.

"Heechul, your friends are here," Taeyeon jabbed without moving anything on her face besides her mouth. "They have the answers to your history test today."

Sungmin and Changmin looked at each other, confused.

"Really? Where?" Heechul looked away and he blinked.

Taeyeon stuck out her tongue. "I win, again. That makes it 859 to 2, with a winning streak for me of 227, but who's counting?"

Heechul made another face and glared at Taeyeon. Taeyeon, refusing to back down, glared back.

After 3 minutes, Heechul said, "Changmin, say hi to Taeyeon."

"Hi Taeyeon."

Taeyeon replied without blinking, "Hi Changmin, hey Sungmin, would you mind knocking some sense into this fool you call a friend and that I call a brother, or more specifically, twin?"

Heechul blinked.

"Hey, that makes it 860 to 2, this is going to be fun!" Taeyeon teased. Heechul, refusing to lose, started another round of the staring, or rather glaring, game.

Changmin and Sungmin looked at each other and sighed. This was going to be a long day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona walked towards Donghae. Sungmin, who was standing in for Sooyoung, who usually covered Yoona's fashion trends but was at that moment still fighting Yuri, followed her with a closeup on her outfit.

"Today, Im Yoona the fashion queen is debuting a cute but sexy ensemble which consists of a white tank top with a large bow sewn onto the middle. Her light pink skirt elegantly flows around her legs, ending near the knees. Last but not least, completely finishing the outfit, her hair is styled to perfection with her bangs pinned back and-"

Yoona cut him off. "Hey, you, reporter, stop sounding like you're my stalker and go cover something else. Isn't Sooyoung supposed to be covering my trends? Whatever, just make like her and go, I want to talk to Donghae oppa alone."

Sungmin sighed. "I'm supposed to be doing this okay? I'm Sooyoung's stand-in because she's somewhere else right now. Good? And for your information, I'm reading a script that Sooyoung gave me." He pointed to Changmin who was standing at the end of the hallway holding signs that had the words Sungmin was reading on them.

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Fine, but are you done? I need to talk to Donghae oppa."

"Whatever, if Sooyoung yells at me, I'm blaming you."

Yoona started walking towards Donghae. "Oh Donghae oppa! Do you like my new outfit?"

"Uh, sure Yoona, do you need me for anything?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to have dinner at my house one day, my parents are wanting to meet you," Yoona answered cutely.

"I'll think about it," Donghae said.

"Okay, thanks, bye!" Yoona said and began skipping down the hallway.

"Yoona!" Donghae called.

"Yes?" She turned around.

"You're in the same class as Ri In for second period right?"

"Yes," Yoona replied slowly and stiffened. She didn't like where this was going.

"Could you tell her that I need to see her during lunch in the student council room?" Donghae asked.

"Sure," Yoona forced out a smile. Then she started walking away quickly. Her brain was formulating some plans. A lot, actually. She would just say that she heard Donghae wrong and told Ri In to go to the back of the school by accident, where coincidentally there would be a can of trash ready to fall on her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

".......and so," Tiffany finished her story, "me and Seohyun and Kyuhyun and Ri In are friends now!"

Taeyeon, who had finished her staredown with Heechul, immediately stopped and said, "Wait wait, you and Cinderella girl are friends now?" The fanclub called Ri In "Cinderella" behind her back because they all believed that without Donghae, Ri In would never even be noticed, and would never be in the student council (word of it had already spread).

"Yeah, why?" Tiffany asked.

"Don't you think she's getting a bit of a big head?" Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany made her "thinking face". "Um... I don't think so, she seems pretty nice to me."

"Well don't hang out with her, sooner or later something bad is going to happen to her, and you shouldn't be around her when that happens."

Tiffany looked confused. "But why would anyone want something bad to happen to her? She's so nice."

Taeyeon sighed. "Don't ask questions, just don't."

"Taeyeon!" The two friends turned around and saw Yoona running toward them.

"Hey Yoona, what's the matter?" Taeyeon and Yoona were friends, but only inside the fanclub.

Yoona leaned over and whispered a few things into Taeyeon's ear. Her smile grew bigger and bigger as she talked.

"Okay Taeyeon, you know about the plan now right?"

"Yeah, I can't wait!" Taeyeon answered. Yoona waved goodbye and started off running to find two people who would place the trash can in the right spot for her.

Tiffany asked, "What is it?"

Taeyeon answered, "I told you something bad would happen to Ri In, and it just happened sooner than either of us expected. Today, during lunch, Ri In will be going to the back of the school. And Yoona told me she couldn't tell Ri In because she didn't have time. Now this is where you come in. You tell Ri In to go to the back of the school during lunch because Donghae oppa wants to talk to her. And then Yoona will have something nasty all set up for her. Good?"

Tiffany grinned. "Okay!"

Taeyeon smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany was talking to Seohyun. "Well, Taeyeon said that Yoona had something nasty planned for Ri In! And I think I'm supposed to help them."

Seohyun scratched her head. "This is bad, but what can we do? You know that we're not the most popular girls, I mean, you are, but I'm not. And anyways, Yoona is way more popular that the two of us combined. How are we supposed to help when we have no influence on people at all?"

"Why don't we just tell Ri In?" Kyuhuyun jumped in.

"AAAAAAAAAH!" Tiffany and Seohyun screamed as Kyuhyun covered his ears.

"There's no need to scream, but I'm sorry that I couldn't help overhearing your conversation," Kyuhyun said. "But I think we should just tell Ri In. If we put four brains together, I'm sure we can think of something."

~~~

"I see, that's a good plan," Seohyun said to Ri In.

"Okay, so Tiffany will still act like she told you okay?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Yeah, and then our plan begins."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny stood inside the broadcasting studio. She had talked to Sungmin and Sooyoung and they had agreed on broadcasting on the midday announcements "Sunny's Gossip Corner".

"Okay Sunny, we'll be right outside monitoring your broadcast. But remember, only use initials and we can shut down your broadcast at any time. You have about three to five minutes," Sungmin said.

"Yeah, I get it," Sunny said.

"Okay, going live in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Sooyoung said.

"Hey, it's time for a whole new segment on the midday announcements! Does anyone recognize my voice? If you do, good for you! But if you don't, this should help you. It's time for Sunny's Gossip Corner! This will also be a section in the school newspaper for all you people who aren't following me right now. Well, since this is the first broadcast, I'll explain some of the rules and my restrictions.

"I'll be doing this two times a week. There's only so much gossip to be had. Also, initials are used for the safety of you and me. Third, I'll only be saying gossip that I have gotten from real sources that I do not make up, direct or indirect. Another thing is, if you have a problem with any of the gossip that I'm talking about, you can email me or come talk to me anytime. Last but not least, this is the part that some of you might enjoy. I'll be accepting stories or gossip on any day of the week, you can just come talk to me. On this, I'd prefer you come talk to me in person so that I can validate the information. Thanks, and let's get started, shall we?

"Okay, I think this buzz is everywhere by now, but anyways, I might as well tell you in case there are people that live under a rock. Word going around is, J and D went on a date, and they kissed! Such a cute story huh? Whatever, and someone told me that yesterday, H and E were seen dancing together. Could this be blossoming romance between the two? We'll just have to wait and see. Hmm what else.. oh! I got word about some upcoming thing. Actually, it's happening today. Y has something awesomely nasty planned for R, but what is it? We'll find out. Oh and for all you Coffee Prince fans, word is one girl in this school has the Ultra-Special-Super-Secret-Greatly-Limited-Edition-Coffee-Prince-Noodle-Bowl-With-Chopsticks-To-Go-With-It in hand. She might sell it for the right price, don't you think? Awwww, it seems like the stinkhead Sungmin is shutting down my broadcast right now! It hasn't been 5 minutes yet! Oh fine stinkhead, I'll be back in a couple days, look out for the school newspaper, this broadcast will be in there! Bye!"

Sunny opened the door to the broadcast room and said to Sungmin, "I wasn't done yet."

Sungmin replied, "Nothing I could do about it, you're limited on time."

"Hmph, fine, but I get to do five minutes next time."

"Sure," Sooyoung said. "It's just that today we're kind of in a rush."

"'Kay," Sunny waved. "See you later!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ri In went behind the school as Yoona had thought she would, but from there it all changed. Instead of walking right behind, Ri In took a shortcut through the janitor's shack and went to get her lunch. Meanwhile, Yoona, wanting to see the action, had hidden behind the wall. When she saw that Ri In had not showed up, she started walking out to see where Ri In was. Unfortunately, she stepped in the very place where the trigger for the trash can had been placed, and subsequently, the trash fell on her.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!" she screamed. All of the boys that were near heard her and rushed to her aid to try and earn her favor. Yoona just screamed, "I want to know who is responsible for this right now!"

Ri In, Kyuhyun, Seohyun, and Tiffany just stood there and laughed and high-fived each other.

~~~

"Hey Ri In, I wanted to see you at lunch, where were you?" Donghae jogged up and asked her.

"I never got the message, who was supposed to tell me?" Ri In asked.

"I told Yoona to tell you. You two are in the same second period class aren't you?"

"Yeah, but she never told me."

"Oh," Donghae replied while scratching his head, "but it's not like I'm going to yell at her. You saw her during lunch right? The trash?"

Ri In smiled. "Yes, yes I did."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyoyeon grabbed her backpack after school and started running towards the dance studio. She felt really good today after Yoona had been dumped on by the trash. She had never liked Yoona ever since she found out that Yoona was one of the more aggressive girls that would try and get Donghae to be their boyfriend.

Hyoyeon arrived at the dance studio. Eunhyuk wasn't there yet. She changed into a more comfortable outfit and turned on some music. After a couple of minutes, Eunhyuk arrived.

"Hey," he said.

"You're late," Hyoyeon simply said.

"What? Didn't we say at the same time as yesterday? And last time I checked, right after school was not the time."

Hyoyeon grinned and replied, "Ever heard of being early?"

Eunhyuk scrunched up his face at the music choice that Hyoyeon picked. "Arashi? Aren't they Japanese?"

Hyoyeon answered, "They're my new addiction. And anyways, first one here gets to pick the music."

"Then I guess I'm getting here early next time," Eunhyuk laughed.

"Well, enough talking, did you come here to have a rematch or what?" Hyoyeon asked. She turned up the music and they started dancing.

After an hour or so (with a break or two in between), Eunhyuk fell on the ground and said, "I give up, you win."

Hyoyeon stuck her tongue out. "Hah, I told you. You should've given up yesterday."

Eunhyuk replied, "Oh please, I bet you're tired too."

"Nope, not at all," Hyoyeon said, but ended up falling down on the ground herself.

"Haha, who's laughing now?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I am!" Hyoyeon picked up a water bottle and drenched Eunhyuk with it.

"Hey! Unfair! I call a foul!" Eunhyuk yelled.

"Oh come on, you know you needed it," Hyoyeon answered.

"Yeah, and you don't need this, but I'm going to give it to you anyway," Eunhyuk said and shook his hair like a dog. The little droplets of water landed on Hyoyeon and after a brief water fight, the two sat down, both knowing that they couldn't stand any more.

"Today was kind of fun," Hyoyeon said as they packed up their stuff after drying off the entire floor and themselves. "It wouldn't be bad if we could do this every day."

"Why not?" Eunhyuk asked. "I have time, my umma doesn't usually expect me home until dinnertime."

"Cool, sure!" Hyoyeon answered.

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

"Bye!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment