Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kissing You chapter 10 part 1

Kissing You chapter 10
part 1

Sooyoung woke up and nearly jumped out of bed. "Lah, lah, lah dee dah, it's my birthday party today!" she sang at the top of her lungs.
Sooyoung's younger sister, Soojin, popped inside the room and squinted her eyes. "Unnie, don't be so loud, I'm still sleeping," she said drowsily.
"Soojin," Sooyoung whined, "your hair looks like a birdnest! How can you look so horrible on my birthday?"
"Uh, I'm sleeping?"
"Well stop sleeping, and come over here! I'll do your hair for you and everything! Oh yeah, go tell umma that you want to go shopping today for a new outfit for your unnie's birthday," Sooyoung replied.
"But I don't want to go shopping." Soojin protested.
"Umma listens to you more," Sooyoung said matter-of-factly. "So go! I'll help you with your hair and stuff, and I'll get ready while you eat breakfast. No wait, wait for me to eat breakfast too. Why don't you go shower and wash your face and brush your teeth and everything else first?"
Soojin yawned. "Whatever." She walked out and Sooyoung burst into action, running to the bathroom to wash her face and get ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin slouched in his chair. He was sitting in a coffee shop with Taeyeon, Yoona, and Donghae.
"Yah, Sungmin, sit up. You look sleepy. At least try and look like you're alive. And what's with those dark circles?" Taeyeon said sharply. Suddenly she gasped. "Oh. My. Gosh. What is that huge thing on your forehead."
"I hope you're happy- I stayed up until 3 last night just thinking about today. What am I going to do when I actually have to go to Sooyoung's party?" Sungmin groaned. "And thank you oh so much for pointing that out. I actually forgot about it until you mentioned it.
Donghae shook his head. "I guess we'll have to cover up those dark circles, because I know that Sungmin never takes a nap- oh wow, that is big."
Yoona returned holding a tray with four cups. "One mocha frappuccino, one cappuccino, and two vanilla lattes. The girls have the best taste." Yoona and Taeyeon high-fived, and each person grabbed their respective drinks.
Sungmin took a long gulp and sighed. "We have everything planned, right?"
Taeyeon looked at a notebook and read off some points she had written down. "Right. Heechul got the box, and he's going to wheel you in. I think. Well, he was really happy when I told him he wouldn't have to buy his own gift. Yoona decorated it and made your clothes, and everyone helped you with your little speech. It's up to you from there on."
Donghae leaned over and looked at Taeyeon's paper. "You have really pretty handwriting," he smiled.
Taeyeon giggled and replied, "Thank you oppa."
Sungmin had a disgusted look on his face and cut in, "Yeah, I know that, but what are we going to do about this?" he pointed to his face.
Donghae said, "We have no choice, we're going to have to put makeup on you. Uh... Yoona?" he asked.
Yoona looked up. "What?"
"Could you.. help a little bit more? I know you've already done a lot, but...."
"Oh, of course oppa!" Yoona answered sweetly. Then she turned to Sungmin. "Oh... that thing on your forehead seriously needs some work. I have high class makeup that works wonders. If I have to give some to you, it's going to cost you."
Sungmin threw his hands up in the air. "I think we know there's a pimple on my forehead now! Thank you for putting so much stress on me!"
"You're welcome," Yoona smiled. "Taeyeon, oppa, I think I need to drag him to my house now. I was planning on making a new outfit for Sooyoung's party. If I'm going to have time to do it, I have to start on him now."
"Okay, thanks for coming out. I was going to go home soon anyway," Donghae said and waved.
"Yeah, I need to go shopping with Sooyoung soon. Well, I have to call her so that we can go shopping," Taeyeong stood up and left while dialing Sooyoung on her cell phone.
Yoona dragged Sungmin outside and speed dialed her driver. "Ajusshi, I'm ready to go. Are you here?"
A sleek black limousine pulled up, and a man walked out to open the door for Yoona. "Miss Im, your parents are home today. Should I tell them you have a guest over?"
"It's okay," Yoona replied. "They're probably still working anyway. I'll be out later, so there's no reason to tell them."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kibummie," Yuri whined, "I can't think of a good present for Sooyoung-monster."
Kibum laughed. "Since when did I become Kibummie?"
"Since just now," Yuri answered surely. "Help, please."
"Wasn't she your best friend? You can think of a nice present for her right?" Kibum asked.
"Oh, that's the problem. I'm not thinking nice, I'm thinking mean or torture. How about a mirror? Then she can see how ugly she is!" Yuri smiled as if she had just come up with the best idea on Earth.
"Yuri... I don't think that's going to work," Kibum said slowly. "Why don't you leave the gift to me, and you can buy the card, okay?"
Yuri thought for a minute and grinned. "Do I get to write the card too?"
"Sure."
"Yay!" Yuri skipped to the stationery store to buy a card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Seohyun," Tiffany sang as she ran towards Seohyun's house. Not paying attention to the road, she accidentally tripped and fell on her face. "Oof!"
"Tiffany!" Seohyun cried worriedly and hurried toward where Tiffany was lying down.
Suddenly, Tiffany pushed herself off the ground and got back up. "I'm okay, no worries!" she smiled.
Seohyun giggled and slapped Tiffany playfully. "Do you know how worried I was?"
"Nope! Because I'm not Seohyun!" Tiffany laughed and skipped off. "Let's go!"
Seohyun chased after Tiffany. "Where are we going?"
"I don't know, I was going to figure it out when we got there!" Tiffany called back. "Oh, let's go to the park! Or the gift shop, I have to get something for Sooyoung's birthday!"
"Oh. About that," Seohyun stopped. "I wasn't really planning on going."
"What?" Tiffany skidded to a stop and turned back. "Why not?"
"Well.... I don't really want to see Donghae oppa right now," Seohyun said softly. "And he's going to be at the party too. If I go to the party, I'll see him."
"NONSENSE!" Tiffany shouted at the top of her lungs. She looked at Seohyun and pointed her finger. "Now look here Miss Seohyun, if you don't go to Sooyoung's party, I'll.. I'll...." Tiffany trailed off. "Well just go to the party!" She folded her arms across her chest.
Seohyun sat down on the ground and started laughing. Tiffany looked at her, dumbfounded, and started laughing too.
"But seriously, go," Tiffany said. "We don't have to see Donghae, we can avoid him when we get there. Or ignore him."
"Okay, okay, I can't win against my Fany Fany Tiffany," Seohyun smiled. "Let's go buy a present for her!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Soojin! The cake is ready right?" Sooyoung asked. "And it's vanilla ice cream with chocolate cake and a lot of frosting?"
"Yes unnie," Soojin sighed. She hated this day of the year when Sooyoung was bossy enough to treat her younger sister like a slave.
"Good, now since I'm ready, you come over here and let me redo your hair. It's losing its bounce," Sooyoung said and held up the hair curler.
"Yes unnie," Soojin walked over and sat down.
After ten minutes, Sooyoung set the curler down and smiled. "There, it's all pretty now! And here are your clothes!"
"I'll go change now unnie," Soojin said and went into her room.
"Sooyoung," the girls' mother called from downstairs. "The first batch of your guests is here."
"Umma," Sooyoung whined, "could you stop referring to people like they're baked goodies?"
Sooyoung's mom laughed. "Okay, but only if you come down and let them in."
"Sure, who's here- OHMYFOODWHYISEVERYONEHEREATTHESAMETIME."
Sooyoung had run down the stairs, expecting to see about five people, but was greeted by Donghae, Junsu, Eunhyuk, Jiyong, and Ryeowook. Behind them were Jessica, Yoona, Tiffany, Seohyun, and Hyoyeon, trying to peek over the boys. Yoona's back was towards the door, and she was watching Taeyeon direct Heechul in, with Kangta and Changmin standing to either side of her. Changmin was busy glaring at Kangta, and Heechul was wheeling a huge pink box with light blue ribbons decorating it. Each person was holding a wrapped box, but none of them were as big as Heechul's.
"We're not everyone," Yoona laughed, "we're just the important people."
"Yah, boys in the front, have you ever heard of 'ladies first'?" Jessica asked, annoyed.
"Nope!" Ryeowook sang happily. "So Sooyoung... are you going to let us in anytime soon?"
Sooyoung shook her head and snapped out of her daze and exclaimed, "Okay, uh.... do you want a tour or anything? If not, just, just.. ask the maid where the party room is."
"Why don't you take us on a tour?" Heechul asked. "But before that, could I please put this present down?"
"Oh yeah," Sooyoung smiled. "What's in there anyway?"
"You'll see," Taeyeon burst out quickly. She leaned over toward Heechul and hissed, "If you say anything about what is in that box, I will do something so horrible to your room, you won't be able to show it to anyone ever again."
"Well, here you go," Sooyoung led the group to a huge room with a DJ getting ready, tables crowded with food, a dance floor, some couches and beanbags, a flat screen TV stocked with DVDs and video games, and much more.
"We put our presents in here?" Jiyong asked, amazed.
"No, this is the party room!" Sooyoung laughed. "The presents go in the room over there." She pointed to a door, and Changmin ran over to open it. The whole group gasped when they saw an empty room half the size of the party room, but large enough to fit at least the number of people going to the party.
"We put our presents in here?" Jiyong asked again.
"Yep, in here. Hurry, I don't know when the next group of people is going to come. There's like... three floors, so we have to go fast."
In fifteen minutes, Sooyoung led the group through a kitchen, a dining room, a banquet hall, a family room, a lounge, a game room, a home theater, a few guest rooms, a few bedrooms, a master bedroom, bathrooms, a bonus room, the party room, a few closets, a reading room, a music room with a piano, violin, and other instruments, three offices, an indoor swimming pool, and other rooms, including a backyard with a basketball court and tennis court, with an outdoor swimming pool.
"S-S-Sooyoung?" Heechul stuttered. "Did you know your house is huge?"
"Yeah, but go into the party room first!" Sooyoung said. "That's where the party's going to be. And you can go to the different places later."
"But why didn't you have a pool party instead?"
"She did. Last year. You didn't go, remember?" Taeyeon grinned evilly.
Junsu laughed. "Yeah."
The doorbell rang again. "I'll get it!" Sooyoung yelled into the intercom. She ran to the door and welcomed more guests. She directed them where to go, and brought the rest of the group in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sooyoung, I love your party!" Eunhyuk yelled to her over the music. "This is the best party ever!"
Sooyoung tried to smile and pout at the same time. "No it's not," she replied, "Sungmin didn't come. And he said he would."
"Aw, it's okay," Eunhyuk walked over and patted her shoulder. "I'm sure he had a reason. Or maybe he'll get here later."
"Yeah... I guess," Sooyoung answered.
Suddenly, Hyoyeon ran up with Tiffany in tow, who was dragging Taeyeon, who was dragging Jessica, who was dragging Yoona, who was dragging Sunny, who was dragging Yuri, who was dragging Seohyun in the back.
"Um, no offense, but why did Yuri drag me here?" Seohyun asked.
Yuri shrugged. "I don't know, I didn't want to be the last one. And if I have to stand in front of Sooyoung-monster, someone is going down with me."
"Never mind," Hyoyeon said quickly. "Listen to the song! I love this one!"
All of the girls quieted down to listen to what the song was, and all suddenly started squealing. "It's Tell Me!" all of them screamed, forgetting about who hated who and what they were doing. Hyoyeon cleared a way to the dance floor, and the nine girls ran up and started doing the dance.
"Tell me, tell me, t-t-t-t-t-tell me!" the girls sang along while doing the dance together.
The DJ lowered the volume of the actual song so that other people could hear the girls singing.
"....Tell me, tell me, t-t-t-t-t-tell me," the song ended, and the crowd erupted in cheers.
Sooyoung ran up to the microphone and said, "Okay, everyone's having fun right? So now, we're going to start opening presents. The cake will come out during then."
"Um.. unnie?" Soojin went up the steps and whispered something in Sooyoung's ear. "What?!" Sooyoung screamed. "How could the cake melt?!"
Kibum raised his hand. "Well, Yuri and I got you a cake."
Sooyoung stared at him. "Am I supposed to eat a cake with a bomb in it?"
"There's no bomb, I bought the cake. Yuri got the card."
"Oh, okay, so I just won't open the card," Sooyoung sighed in relief. "It's really big right?"
"Yeah," Kibum answered, "I knew that you'd need a big cake. I was just thinking that since we didn't know what to get you... seconds for everyone would be good right? But I guess we can just use the cake we brought."
Sooyoung smiled. "Yay! Okay, let's get out the cake and start opening presents!"
Kibum and Soojin went off to get the cake, while Heechul wheeled out the box that Yoona decorated. "Pull the ribbon," he whispered.
Sooyoung tugged on the blue ribbon, and suddenly, the box fell apart, revealing Sungmin, who looked the most stylish he had ever been.
"Happy birthday," he said softly, holding a bouquet of pink roses. "You're the only girl that's ever shined bright enough in my life to make the stars seem dull. When you stand next to a flower, your beauty makes it seem dry and wilted. When you stand next to the most beautiful painting, I can't help staring at you instead of the painting, because you seem so much more interesting than it. I'd rather listen to your voice than go to listen to the best singer in the world for free, because that's how great your voice sounds, when you talk, when you sing, and whenever I listen to you. Would you be my girlfriend?"
Sooyoung's mouth dropped open in amazement. "Sungmin....."
================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment