Friday, August 13, 2010

chapter 7

�Seungri! Move your arm: I can�t breathe!�

Seungri just grunted, this time tightening his macho hug on me. I was suffocating. I hit him the ribs.

He let go instantly, doubling over in pain.

�Thank you.�

�You�re welcome.� He said in a strained voice. I climbed out of the bed, stretching my muscles. I was still in my clothes from yesterday night and my scarf was messily hung over on the chair. Seungri�s jacket lay at the foot of the bed.

I sat on the edge, my hands on the mattress. I yawned and sat up, taking off my jewelry from last night. I sat back down on the bed and lay my head on Seungri�s stomach.

He was sooo tanky.

�Grrah�� I heard Seungri grumble. I laughed and went up to make breakfast.

Luckily umma wasn�t home.

So she couldn�t suspect anything. BWOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~

I began cooking the rice. It was a Saturday so there was no rush around the house.

I blushed when Seungri came into the kitchen, wearing nothing but his pants.

�Seungri!� I shouted at him: the blood kept rushing to my face. �Get your shirt on!� He looked down at himself.

�What�s wrong with it?�

�You�re walking around the house half-naked, THAT�S WHAT�S WRONG!� He grinned and flexed his muscles.

�Like it don�t ya Tiff?� I rolled my eyes and went back to cooking. I chopped up the tomatoes and threw them into the boiling pot of water.

Seungri came up behind me and hugged me. I could feel his muscles�

So sexy�

NO NO NO! BAD TIFFANY�

I counted to ten in my head to make sure I didn�t turn around and start to kiss him. He let me go and went right up to my face. I turned red again.

�Tiff, what�s wrong with you?�

�NOTHING! Sorry�� I accidentally screamed in his face. �Go take a shower Seungri and get home before your umma calls.�

�Dun matter. She�s probably not at home again.� He sat down on the table, playing with the little toothpick holder. I went down to sit next to him, placing my hand over his. He looked up at me.

�Look Seungri. Stop worrying your umma okay? I know she really loves you.� He scoffed.

�Bullsh.it. All she cares is about making money. She doesn�t even care now that appa�s gone.� I pouted.

This guy was so stubborn that it wasn�t funny.

�Seungri, don�t say that. She loves you a lot!�

�That doesn�t seem like it the way she acts!�

I was so tempted to slap him, to tell him what he was saying was lying. But I loved him, so much I couldn�t stand to see him hurt.

I pulled him in for a hug. He hugged me back tightly.

I wanted to stay there forever.

�Tiff, you�re always there for me when I�m sad. Maybe you�re an angel especially for me.�

I let him go and we just stayed like that for a while.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I don�t know who was the first to move, but slowly, the gap between us closed.

Our lips touched.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


And I woke up.

Damnit.

I mean, THANK GOD! THAT WAS SUCH A HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE!

Ah stuff it, I sucked at lying.

Seungri was strangling me again with his bear-like grip. I unhooked it and sat up, my scarf falling off my shoulders. I was still in my clothes from yesterday. That was like my dream.

I hadn�t asked Seungri to move his muscular arm. That wasn�t like my dream.

Thank God. sweatingbullets.gif

I went and tiptoed into the kitchen. I started cooking the rice and I started chopping up some tomatoes.

I heard footsteps�

Oh God, please, do not let that be Seungri half-naked, preparing to hug me�

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

BANG! My head hit the stove fan and bounced back.

�OH MY GOD! SEUNGRI YOU BAS.TARD! THAT HURT!!!� I rubbed the sore spot on my forehead where it collided with the stove fan.

I turned around to glare at him. He was clutching his sides, laughing his guts out.

I was soooo tempted to slam his face down on the sink, to drown it�


CHILL TIFFANY, no need to turn into a serial killer now�


�Seungri!� I whined. I looked at the reflection on the stainless steel kettle: my forehead was all red now. �Now look what you did! I�m not gonna walk around like this!�

�Today�s a Saturday you idi.ot. And where do you think you�re going?� I rolled my eyes.

�Duh! Study session at Yoona�s! Didn�t I tell you before?�

�Oh, you mean before when you were sleeping and chewing on my arm?� He placed his finger on his chin as if he was in deep thought. �Uh� NO!�

My jaw dropped.

�Chew!? What do you mean chew?�

�I don�t know! You tell me!!! You kept muttering the words: ugly girl, bite his head, pretty boy face.� His eyebrows rose. �Care to clarify?�

I blushed.

�As if! The time I tell you about my dreams is when pigs will fly!� He grabbed me around the waist and picked me up, bridle-style. �Seungri you idi.ot! Put me do-�

�Well, I see a pig flying right now!� He threw me out of his arms into the air and caught me again.

But that didn�t stop me from screaming.

I think I burst his eardrums. biggrin.gif

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

�Boring! Can�t we skip onto something more useful?� Sooyoung complained, chewing her fingernails. �How about we eat lunch now?�

�Sooyoung you pig! I haven�t even asked Tiff about this stupid Maths exercise!� Seohyun threw her pen down and pouted. I leant back on the couch, making myself comfy. Yoona sat next to me, since we both were ready for the test. To pass time, we played cards.

�Ask her later!� Sooyoung said, refilling her pacer with more lead and clicking on the lid several times. �Stupid piece of sh-�

�Sooyoung! No bad language!� Taeyeon shouted. She looked at me. �Tiff-Tiff, please teach me this sh-�

�Taeyeon! No bad language!� Jessica hit her across the head with a wooden ruler. She ruled a perfectly straight line with it and began drawing those crazy quadratic graphs. I yawned, placing down my cards while Yoona took them all and began shuffling.

�Gaahhh� you guys aren�t helping me: you�re just pure distracting!� Yuri said, biting the end of her pen nervously. �Even my little brother is even less annoying than all of you!�

�Quiet! This is my favourite song!� Hyoyeon replaced her earphones back into her ears again, bobbing her head with the music. She was using the iPod Sunny had given to us for Christmas.

I yawned (again) and pulled out my phone. Sunny peered over my shoulder.

�Waiting for a call from your boyfriend?� I glared at her with slit eyes.

�No! My umma didn�t come home yesterday, so I was wondering where she was all night!�

�Sure sure, you know why your umma comes home late!� Seohyun rolled her eyes, placing down her pen. She skipped onto the other side of me to glance at my phone. �Oh la la� care to tell us why a picture of you and Seungri is your wallpaper?�

I shut my phone.

�NO! GO BACK AND DO YOUR WORK! OR I�LL MAKE YOU!� They all rushed back to their books.

FEAR MY WRATH!

�Oh-so-nerdy Tiff-Tiff, come help meeee�� Taeyeon whined like a baby. I glared at her as well.

�I�m not nerdy!�

�Oh yeah, you lost that habit after Donghae hated you.� I felt Yoona next to me freeze.

Damn you Taeyeon�

�Donghae hates you Tiffany?� Yoona looked at me with concerned eyes. I froze.

�Nothing, nothing�� I reassured. My lies were so fake: I knew Yoona was suspecting something was going on between him and me.

�Hey, don�t you sit next to him in our new English class? I get to sit next to Yesung-oppa!� Jessica blurted out, stars in her eyes.

Not literally.

�You sit next to Donghae?� Yoona asked, looking back at me.

Man was this getting tense.

�Uh yeah.� I waved my hands in front of me. �The teacher put us in a seating plan! It was nothing at all!�

�Nothing at all? I swear, it was as if he was trying to kill you with a look. I�ve never seen Donghae that mad at anyone that bad!�

Damn you Jessica and Sunny� I�m going to kill you two later when no one is looking�

�Why are you so interested about Donghae, Yoona?� Seohyun said. Hyoyeon took her earphones out to listen to the fresh gossip.

She gave out a convincing smile. �Nothing. I just heard a lot about the Super Junior group at school, that�s all.�

Damn, she was a good actress. She could audition for a drama or something�

And with Lee Junki as well!

.

.

.

.

.

.


Damn trailing off subject here�

�Come on, let�s go eat! I�ll go heat up the food.� Yoona sat up and walked into the kitchen.

Did I mention that Yoona cooked all the food we were going to have today? She was a master cook compared to amateur me.

I went to the dining room. Sooyoung FLEW past us and sat at the table, her eyes shining.

�Kyaa! Little Yoona�s cooking!!!� Yoona gave her those evil eyes.

�I�m not that little!� She put on an apron and handed one to Seohyun as well. Taeyeon and Jessica sat on the edge of the kitchen table while Sunny, Hyoyeon and Yuri started setting up the table. I stood at the doorway.

Suddenly, the door bell rang.

Yoona started taking off her apron.

�Oh, don�t worry Yoona, I�ll get it!� She smiled at me.

�Thanks Tiff! I have to make sure no one starts shoveling food into their mouths.� I grinned at her and went to get the door, skipping. The slippers Yoona lent us slid along the clean wooden floor (Yoona seemed to be a perfectionist in every way�)

I opened the door without looking at the visitor.

�Hi, welcome to the Im reside-WAHHH?!� I almost fell backwards when I saw who it was.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Guess who?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

If you guessed Kwon Jiyong, aka G-Dragon-oppa, you were correct.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Just kidding.

.

.

.

.

It was Lee Donghae.

.

.

.

Wait a second, reality check?

What the hell did Lee Donghae want with Yoona?

Weren�t they over?

Or were they?

Donghae�s expression was exactly like mine.

�What are you doing here?� Surprise, surprise.

�ARGGHHH!�

I slammed the door in his face and ran back into the kitchen.

Everyone stared at me as if my hair was on fire.

�Tiff,� Yuri started. �Are you okay?�

�NEVER BEEN BETTER!�

Maybe I said that a little too loudly, because Hyoyeon, who was in front of me, was rubbing her ear.

�No need to shout�� She muttered, walking back to the pantry to put the spare bowls away.

Yoona was looking at me with a weird expression.

�Tiff, who was it?� I gulped down my fear.

�Uhh� some random guy who wanted to sell you sticky notes� he tried to break into the house but I threw him out.�

What. The. Hell. Tiffany. Sticky notes?

YOU BUY THOSE FROM SUPERMARKETS, NOT RANDOM DUDES OFF THE STREETS!!!

From now on, I am never going to say the things that come to my mind first.

Stupid brain. Must be all thanks to Taeyeon�s dopey-ness and Seungri�s idiocy.

For some reason, I couldn�t tell Yoona who it was. I was so scared out of my wits when I saw Donghae at the door.

Yoona smiled at me. I smiled back forcibly. Sometimes, for others, telling a lie could be better than telling the truth.

I felt so crap.

I was doing this for me, not her.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


I woke up again on Sunday night. Thanks to a dream.

My dreams are getting crazier each night.

In this dream, I saw Seungri and Yoona talking at the desk. I tried to talk but nothing came out of my mouth and they kept talking away and away, as if I wasn�t there.

I had gotten angry and stomped away into the corridor. But I bumped into Donghae and fell on him.

And kissed him. Then he turned into Seungri and Seungri was smiling at me and he was saying something but I couldn�t hear him.

Seungri then grabbed my hand and we ran down the corridor, but Mr. Gook stopped us and he was doing that hor.ny pervert technique with his eye. And I punched him and he turned into Donghae and Yoona knelt by his side and was staring at me with her evil eyes.

And I woke up.


Stupid, stupid Tiffany. Stupid, stupid imagination.

I sat up and looked at my phone.

Monday. Back to school. And two days ago was the last time I saw Donghae.

Great, I see him again today.

Whoop-dee-do.

HINT THE SARCASM!

I pulled on my uniform and closed my door. I caught sight of a stranger in the kitchen.

I walked in, stomping my feet loudly so he could hear me.

He turned around: a businessman, no doubt. I sat down on the table, watching him stuff his jacket pockets with his phone and wallet.

He glanced at me worriedly. I sighed and went to the fridge to pour myself a glass of milk.

�Make sure you close the door before you get your ass out of here. Umma leaves for work at 12.� He was staring at me, either shocked or confused.

�Don�t you care about me�?�

�Sneaking out? Don�t worry, she�ll get over you quickly. She�s been doing that with the last�� I used my fingers to count the number of one-night stands she�s had so far ever since the divorce. �64 guys.�

I stared back at him, bored. �Get your ass out before I kick it out.�

He ran out pretty fast.

I sat down on the kitchen table again, drinking my milk.

Hm, have to go out shopping again. Maybe Seungri can go with me.

After all, he ate three-quarters of what I bought.

Stupid bear on steroids.

I yawned and grabbed my bag.

The doorbell rang. Just on time.

I opened the door and Seungri was grinning at me.

�Yo,� he waved at me.

I grunted at him and walked past. He caught up.

�I saw a guy running down the street. Looked as if he was scared out of his pants.� He looked at me. �Your umma�s latest fling?�

�Yeah.� I sighed. �He seemed alright though: at least he knows I�ve been through that procedure plenty of times.� Seungri slung his arm over my shoulder casually.

�Well, we�re both one of a kind, Tiff.� He grinned at me with that stupid look. �Right?�

I rolled my eyes and nodded. �Sure, Seungri, sure.�

.

.

.

.

.

English was a nightmare.

Stupid Donghae.

Stupid stupid stupid.

�Why were you at Yoona�s house?�

�Can�t a girl go over to her friend�s house on a Saturday?�

�Why were you there?�

�Is it illegal nowadays?�

�I said, �why were you there�. Not �give me a smartass remark�.�

�Sorry ma. It was a study session. Why, did you wanna join?�

�As if. Guys have friends over, but not to study.�

�Why? Too noble to ask for help?�

���

�I�m right aren�t I?�

���

�Fine, be a girl. Go and sulk in the corner, like you always do.�

�No, I don�t think I will.�

�Good. Now shut up and let me do my work.�

�No.�

�Why not?�

�Because you�re too interesting to be left alone.�

�Did I just hear what I think I heard? Lee Donghae, interested in me, Hwang Tiffany?�

���

�Am I right?�

�Maybe.�

�Oh-la-la� Haven�t you got a new girlfriend at the moment now, Donghae? What about all those fangirls chasing you?�

�You mean the crowd you�re a part of? No, they�re all too clingy and I need a change.�

�You mean like dating one of your ex�s again?�

���

�Am I right?�

�Can�t you use a new sentence instead of that?�

�No, now answer. Gonna ask Yoona out on a date again?�

���

�I just noticed you�re not that tight to me anymore. Bored already?�

�I dunno. You�re too manly for a girl and too girly for a guy.�

�Was that supposed to be a compliment?�

�If you want it to be.�

�You�re like a Rubix cube. It takes ages for you to figure out. I wonder how Yoona could stand it for even two weeks.�

�She figured it out. Maybe you can one day.�

�Uh huh� You think I�m smart enough to solve one of those? The only things I do with them are staring at them and then smashing them into the ground.�

���

�Want me to smash you into the ground?�

�No thanks. I�ll pass today. By the way, what�s that say in my book?�

�� You are one gay bas.tard.�

�Translate it.�

I wrote it out in English: hopefully he didn�t understand. Hope he didn�t know what I wrote was a wrong translation.

YOU ARE ONE GAY, FAT, STUPID BI.TCH.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I grinned when I saw Seungri coming towards the school gate.

We started walking back into the direction of our houses. I had to stop by the supermarket to buy new stuff.

On the way, Seungri grabbed my hand.

WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING?!

I was so tempted to slap him on the head and ask him what the hell he was doing�

Stupid idi.ot.

He held onto my hand tightly.

I couldn�t break free.

�Seungri, what are you doing?� He gave me that stupid grin.

�Holding your hand.�

�Why the hell are you doing that?�

�Cause I feel like it.�

�Well, you can�t do things like that Seungri, or then I�d smash your face.�

�But I�m your beloved friend, so you wouldn�t.�

Damn him and his stupid facts.

We stopped at the intersection and he let go. He gave me a mock salute and poked his tongue out cheekily.

�See ya later, Tiff-Tiff!� I smiled at him.

I watched as he walked off.

�Seungri! I love you!�

.

.

.

.

.

Damn me and the first thoughts that enter my mind.



Dedicated to my classroom pals Donghae, Seungri and Yoona: Anna, Carol and Helene! HI GUYS~ : D you guys keep me high in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment