Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kissing You 11

Kissing You chapter 11

As the class cleared out, Ms. Lee called out, "Seohyun!"
Seohyun turned around, looking confused. "Yes, Ms. Lee?"
The teacher took a stack of books from her desk. "Could you be a dear and take these down to Mr. Oh? He needs these books for his next class."
Seohyun smiled. "Sure," she answered. "My next class is near there anyway."
Seohyun grunted slightly as she took the stack of books.
Ms. Lee looked worried. "Are you sure you're alright, Seohyun? Those books are pretty heavy. Do you want me to call someone else to help you?"
"No, I'm fine," Seohyun replied.
"Okay then, be careful going down those stairs!" Ms. Lee called.
"Nae," Seohyun called back as she went through the door.
"Wow, these are really heavy," Seohyun said to herself as she neared the stairs. She looked around for someone that could help her, but the hallway was empty, since most of the students were outside. Seohyun sighed and started to take a step down the stairs, but tripped.
Suddenly, an arm reached out and grabbed her, even though the books spilled everywhere.
Seohyun gasped for breath, and looked up to see who had saved her. It was a boy. Not one that she knew, but nevertheless, he had saved her. The boy pulled her up, and Seohyun's legs gave way to her sitting down. Without a word, the boy who had saved her walked away.
Seohyun stuttered, "W-wait!" He stopped, but didn't turn around. "Thank you for saving me," Seohyun said softly.
"You should be more careful. I advise you to take the books down in small groups," he said, his back turned to Seohyun.
Seohyun didn't like the tone in which he said that sentence; it sounded like he was implying that she was too stupid to figure that out herself. However, she ignored the thought. "But.. what's your name?"
"You don't need to know my name, because you probably won't see me again," the boy replied and walked off. When he was out of earshot, he muttered under his breath, "She's cute, but lacks the simplest common sense."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whistle blew. "Keep on moving!" the coach shouted. "Don't stop running! You're running from the monster of your nightmares! Run! Run! It's catching up! Run faster!"
Sooyoung panted and kept on running, "As if I wasn't skinny enough," she said to herself in between breaths. Sooyoung's stomach growled. She cursed under her breath. Thanks to the fanclub girls, Sooyoung hadn't been able to eat a bite of her lunch. Sooyoung stumbled and fell.
"Ow!" she winced. Her knees were scraped, and her right ankle was throbbing.
Donghae jogged up and bent down. "Sooyoung? Are you okay?"
The coach blew the whistle. "Donghae! Bring Sooyoung to the infirmary! I can't have her sitting there!"
Sooyoung cursed again. "I'm hurt and the coach just cares about his stupid track and the stupid sand in it?"
Donghae chuckled. "Here, lean on to my shoulder. Can you stand?"
Sooyoung blushed and she nodded. "Yeah." She stood up quickly and winced again.
Donghae bent down. "Here, get on my back."
Sooyoung shook her head. "No, I'm fine, really."
"Just do it, or would you like me to carry you in my arms?"
Sooyoung's eyes widened and she shook her head wildly. "No, no, I'll just get on your back."
Donghae smiled. Sooyoung held on gingerly to his shirt.
"Sooyoung, I'm going to drop you if you don't hold on to me tighter. Put your arms around my neck." Sooyoung's arms slowly slid down until she was holding on to Donghae's neck. He nodded, satisfied, and started walking again.
Sungmin, in history, looked out the window and squinted. Is that Sooyoung? he thought. That's Donghae.. it couldn't be. No wait, it is Sooyoung! Sungmin clenched his hand into a fist and scribbled on his notebook to make it seem like he was taking notes.
Donghae knocked on the door of the infirmary and went in.
"Omo, what's wrong?" the nurse asked.
"I think she fell and twisted her ankle," Donghae said, "and she scraped her knees, too."
"Well, just put her down on a bed and I'll see what I can do," the nurse replied.
Donghae put Sooyoung on a bed and sat down himself, and she said, "Thank you," with a red face.
The nurse looked at Sooyoung worriedly. "Are you sure she just has a twisted ankle and scraped knees? Her face is a little bit red too."
Sooyoung shook her head. "No, really, I'm fine." Her stomach growled.
Donghae laughed. "I'll get you some food."
The nurse turned around and said, "The cafeteria's not open at this time."
Donghae smiled. "It's okay, the cooks like me, they can probably find something for Sooyoung to eat." He opened the door and walked out.
The nurse smiled gently as she cleaned Sooyoung's scrapes. "He really is a nice boy you know. All of the female teachers talk about how sweet he is."
Sooyoung bit her lip. "I know," and she muttered under her breath, "maybe too sweet."
"What was that?"
"Oh, nothing."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang, and Jessica sighed. She rested her chin in her hands. "What am I going to do?" she wondered out loud. "I'm seriously failing literature... umma's going to be mad when she finds out."
"Jessica!" Jiyong popped up next to her.
"AAAH!" Jessica screamed and nearly fell off her chair. She sat back up and asked, "What do you want?"
"Just... well I heard you were having trouble in literature... and I'm good at literature... do you need help? I can help you, I mean like.. tutor you." Jiyong cowered and put his arms over his head, in case Jessica got angry.
"Hm.. what's the catch?" Jessica asked slowly. "And why do you want to help me?"
"No reason, I just have some extra time," Jiyong answered in disbelief that Jessica was being so compliant.
"Hm... fine. I'll give you two days of tutoring to convince me that you're good. Do you want me to pay you?"
"No, it's okay," Jiyong shook his head.
"Then why are you helping me?" Jessica asked suspiciously.
Jiyong widened his eyes innocently and replied hopefully, "Maybe because I think you're the prettiest girl in school and I want to help you?"
Jessica put on a satisfied smile. "Close enough." She scribbled down some things on a piece of paper and pointed to them in sequence. "My cell phone number, my home phone number, my address, and how to get there. You can ask people if you don't know my email, and you are allowed to text me. I'll talk to you about it after school, but you can expect to start tomorrow. Make some time in your schedule." Jessica picked up her books and handed the piece of paper to Jiyong, then walked out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung limped next to Donghae after school. Since he had helped her get to the infirmary, Sooyoung felt obliged to buy him some food.
Donghae looked at Sooyoung. "Are you sure you're alright? Do you want to lean on me to get to the restaurant?"
"No! Really, I'm fine," Sooyoung replied. Donghae grabbed her arm.
"Come on, you need help. Just lean on my shoulder and we'll get there a lot faster."
Sooyoung pressed her lips together and nodded.
The three girls from the fanclub peered around the corner.
"What's she doing?" one asked.
"Yeah, Sunye, why is Donghae oppa grabbing her arm?" another one asked.
The leader, Sunye, narrowed her eyes. "I don't know. Sohee, get closer to them. Act like you're just passing by. You know what to do. Yoobin, stay here with me, we need to gather more information on what's going on here. You know, talk to the nurse or something."
The other two nodded, but before they could do anything, Sungmin rushed up.
"CHOI SOOYOUNG!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. Sooyoung and Donghae turned around.
Sungmin marched up to Sooyoung and pulled her away from Donghae. "Come on," he muttered. "We have things to talk about."
Sooyoung pulled her hand away. "No, Sungmin," she argued. "Donghae was just helping me."
"Are you kidding me?" Sungmin asked softly. "I saw the whole thing. You," he turned to Donghae, "picked her up and carried her off to the infirmary. I didn't see her for the whole day, and the least either of you could've done was text me or call me and tell me that she got hurt. But I didn't hear anything. I wouldn't even know what was happening if I didn't look out the window!" his voice grew to a shout.
Taeyeon walked around the corner with Yoona, and saw the scene unfolding in front of her. She poked Yoona and pointed to the three, and they rushed up, grabbing Sungmin to restrain him.
"Let go of me!" Sungmin yelled.
"Yah, we help you and this is what you do to repay us?" Taeyeon screamed.
"Why don't you ask those two?" Sungmin yelled back.
Taeyeon signaled Yoona to let go, and Taeyeon pinned Sungmin down to the ground with his arm behind his back.
"Now," Taeyeon asked slowly, "what's going on here?"
Sooyoung looked as if she was about to cry, and limped away as quickly as she could. Donghae pointed towards the direction Sooyoung was headed in, and Yoona and Taeyeon nodded to him. He ran off, and Taeyeon released Sungmin.
"Okay. You. Why are you wasting our efforts?" Taeyeon folded her arms across her chest.
"Do you even know the whole story?" Sungmin asked.
"We don't have to," Yoona answered. "Look, we don't know what happened, but you'd better make up with Sooyoung quick. This is for you and for us. And Sooyoung. Don't mess up."
"But points are awarded for making this seem like your own romance drama," Taeyeon smiled.
Sungmin stared at Taeyeon blankly. Taeyeon tilted her head, grinning, and took Yoona's arm.
"Come on, let's go. I have sugar cookies at my house. They're full of sugar, so Heechul's not going to eat them."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung arrived at her house, and she opened the door quickly. Donghae ran up to her doorway, but Sooyoung shook her head.
"Not right now, okay oppa?"
Donghae nodded, and Sooyoung closed the door. She started limping up the stairs.
"I should like Donghae oppa right?" she asked herself. "So why am I feeling so bad because of Sungmin?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon and Yoona sat at the table, eating cookies. Heechul walked in.
"Why do you eat those things? They're so fattening," he said, looking disgusted. "I don't eat them, see? That's why I have such a great body."
Taeyeon laughed. "That's idiotic. You can eat sweet things and still stay skinny if you use your brain. Take me and Yoona for example."
Heechul snorted. "That's in Death Note- you can't believe things from manga."
Yoona shook her head. "It's true. It was in Vogue, too."
Suddenly the doorbell rang. Heechul squealed.
"It's my ElleGirl magazine!" he ran towards the door. Then it slammed open, hitting Heechul in the face. Sunny stood in the doorway with Yuri.
"Oww.... how'd you get the door open?" Heechul asked.
"Oh, Yuri's an expert lock picker," Sunny said. "But that's not what I'm here for. Taeyeon, Yoona, I have been informed that you were witness to a fight between Sooyoung and Sungmin. I need an interview." She closed the door, and skipped over with a notepad.
"Okay, so that's great and all, but why is Yuri here?" Yoona asked.
"I just needed a camerawoman. Yuri's perfect for the job."
"Why?" Taeyeon asked.
"Actually, she was the only free person that I could reach immediately. But anyways." The doorbell rang again.
Heechul squealed, "This time it's my magazine!" He ran towards the door again, only to have it slammed in his face for the second time.
Kibum walked in with Donghae next to him. "Sunny?" he asked.
"Yeah, Donghae oppa, sit right here, next to Yoona or Taeyeon," Sunny said. Taeyeon and Yoona quickly scooted apart, so that Donghae could sit in between them.
"Now... could someone please explain why there are four more people than expected in my house?" Heechul asked.
"Oh yeah, well I heard that Sooyoung and Sungmin had a fight, and these three were involved, so then I asked Yuri to come and help me, and Yuri asked Kibum to help, so he went and got Donghae oppa while we came here," Sunny answered.
"Oh... well okay," Heechul said. "But that doesn't explain why my magazine isn't here yet." The doorbell rang for the third time.
"Yes! Now it's my ElleGirl!" Heechul opened the door.
"Delivery for Kim Heechul?" the mailman said.
"Thank you," Heechul took the magazine and opened it. "Ooooooh!" he squealed like a girl.
Yoona had a look of disgust on her face.
"Eeew.... now I have to cancel my ElleGirl subscription," she whined, "it's Vogue for me from now on."
Taeyeon got up and pushed Heechul back into his own room. "Now you stay right here and I'll be back to cut out those beautiful pictures of Lee Yeonhee after I finish with Sunny," she grinned evilly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, okay, okay," Tiffany said to Hyoyeon and Seohyun in a restaurant. "I'm gonna introduce you to my cousin okay? He's on my umma's side of the family, so he has a different last name than me, but still. He goes to our school too, so his mom wants me to introduce him to some other people, like my friends, because he's kinda a genius, so he doesn't associate with a lot of people.. like.. he has four friends. But we don't see him around school much. You know how geniuses are."
Seohyun and Hyoyeon nodded solemnly.
"So... oh! Here he is! Jonghyun! Over here!" Tiffany waved a boy over.
Seohyun's mouth dropped open in surprise. "You! You're the one that saved me earlier! But.. how are you related to Tiffany?"
Jonghyun rolled his eyes. "Isn't it obvious? Tiffany already told you."
Tiffany poked Jonghyun. "Now, now, no being mean to my friends. Your mom told me to help you make new friends, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. But aside from that... how do you two know each other?"
Jonghyun shrugged. "I don't know..."
Seohyun snorted. "Don't you remember? You're the jerk who saved me from falling earlier today."
"Oh, you're that girl! The one that doesn't have any sense," Jonghyun smiled sarcastically. "Nice, at least you have a good memory."
"As if you do," Seohyun replied under her breath.
Tiffany stepped in between them. "Now, let's not be mean to each other. Let's just start over okay? Jonghyun, meet Ju Seohyun. Seohyun, meet Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun, this is Kim Hyoyeon. And we already know who I am," Tiffany giggled.
Jonghyun's phone rang. "Hello? Oh, Kibum!..... Yeah, do you need me to come over?.... No, I'm not doing anything..... Oh really?... Okay then, I'll be there in half an hour." He hung up and turned to Tiffany.
"Well, if we're done here, I'm just going to go..."
"Oh no you don't," Tiffany told him. "You are not leaving until you start being social. Really. Hanging out with those four friends of yours is not going to help your social status." Tiffany pushed Jonghyun down into a seat, and she passed him a glass of water.
Then, Tiffany's phone rang. She flipped it open and started talking. "Um.. who are you?... Oh, you're the girl Sunny introduced me to right?... Sooyoung?... Okay... Oh, I'm kinda busy right now though......." After a long pause, Tiffany started talking again. "Oh, okay then! I'll be there as fast as I can." She hung up and smiled apologetically.
"Sorry Jonghyun, sorry Seohyun, I really have to go right now. Why don't you guys talk to each other and learn more about the other? Hyoyeon, you come with me." She put some money on the table, grabbed Hyoyeon's wrist, and dragged her away. Hyoyeon waved goodbye to Seohyun and Jonghyun before Tiffany left.
Seohyun stared at her drink and sipped it slowly, occasionally glancing at Jonghyun. She couldn't deny that he was pretty good-looking, but he was too much of a jerk.
Suddenly, Jonghyun spoke up. "Don't think I can't notice you looking at me."
Seohyun turned red. "I'm not looking at you!"
"Yes you are." Jonghyun stood up and sighed. "Well, now that Tiffany's gone, I can do whatever I want. See you," he pushed in his chair and left.
Seohyun's mouth dropped open again, but this time, she couldn't believe how rude someone could be. She left some bills on the table for the waiter and grabbed the rest of the money to return to Tiffany later. Seohyun ran outside and spotted Jonghyun getting ready to cross the street. She raced after him, and latched on to his arm.
"Hey, let go!" he shook his hand, trying to get Seohyun off.
"No way, I completely hate you right now. Which is why I'm doing this to annoy you. I know you're not going anywhere with me, and you're certainly not going to have any fun. Don't think that just because you saved me, I'll be nice and quiet. I thanked you, and that's good enough. You didn't accept it, which is your fault. So-"
Jonghyun cut Seohyun off. "Wow, do you ever stop talking? If you'd stop, you'd see that the light changed, and it's time to cross. I don't care if you're hanging on to my arm, because I'm going to meet my friend whether you like it or not." He shook Seohyun off and started crossing the street.
Seohyun ran after him. "Hey, where are you going with no money?" She waved the money that Tiffany had left them. She caught up to Jonghyun and started walking next to him.
"Hmph, looks like she does have a little bit of sense. Enough to drive me crazy," Jonghyun muttered.
"If this doesn't annoy him to death, nothing will," Seohyun said to herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooyoung lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling and hugging her pillow.
"Aah... Choi Sooyoung, you've really done it this time," she told herself. "I have a twisted ankle, and Sungmin is mad at me. What am I going to do?"
The doorbell rang.
"Sooyoung, your friends are here!" Soojin called.
"Okay... just let them in," Sooyoung answered.
Tiffany bounced into the room, with Hyoyeon behind her. "Okay," Tiffany said, "so what's going on with Sungmin?"
Sooyoung stuffed her head into her pillow. "I don't know," she answered.
Hyoyeon patted Sooyoung's back. "It's okay, just tell us. I swear that nothing we hear will ever leave this room."
"Okay..." Sooyoung took a deep breath. "Well I fell down while I was running because I didn't eat lunch and then Donghae oppa took me to the infirmary and got me something to eat and I guess Sungmin saw while he was looking out the window but then after school Donghae oppa and I were going to get something to eat because I wanted to repay him but Sungmin came and started yelling at me and I know I deserve it but he's really mad at me now and I still like Donghae but it seems like I'm starting to like Sungmin but then again he is my boyfriend but I feel really guilty and I don't know what to do!" she burst out in one breath.
"Wow... okay," Tiffany said.
"Well, maybe you should apologize," Hyoyeon said.
"But I don't want to apologize first!" Sooyoung protested. "I mean, I'm the one with the twisted ankle and everything!"
"Well it looks like Sungmin really likes you," Tiffany continued. "And his attention is only directed towards you. He doesn't like any other girl in the same way he likes you. He was probably mad because he knows that you still like Donghae, but he was really glad that you were dating him anyway. So.. after seeing you with Donghae... I guess Sungmin feels kind of betrayed."
Sooyoung sighed. She told Hyoyeon and Tiffany everything except what happened with the three girls in the fanclub.
"Look, if it makes you feel any better, I can stay until dinner and we can do like.... girl stuff," Hyoyeon said.
"Me too!" Tiffany exclaimed. "We'll help take your mind off of what happened."
"Okay... thanks," Sooyoung forced a smile.
"But you have to apologize, okay?" Tiffany warned. "Otherwise we're going to leave right now."
"I promise I'll apologize," Sooyoung replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin opened the door to see Eunhyuk panting from a long run.
"Okay, I'm here. Who's dying?" Eunhyuk asked.
"Well," Sungmin scratched his head, "no one's really dying... I kinda lied to get you to come over here really fast."
"Oh, well thanks," Eunhyuk replied sarcastically, "I feel great burning all those calories when I'm already skinny enough."
"Sorry," Sungmin looked down.
"Never mind," Eunhyuk said, "just get me something to drink and tell me what I'm here for."
Sungmin poured some lemonade for the both of them. "Well... Sooyoung and I kinda.. had a fight..."
"Okay," Eunhyuk said slowly, "continue."
"Wait, promise you won't tell anyone?" Sungmin asked.
"Yeah, promise," Eunhyuk answered, taking a sip of his lemonade.
"Well, I saw Donghae carrying Sooyoung to the infirmary while I was in history when I looked out the window. Then I got really mad, even though I know it wasn't her fault. She has a twisted ankle and everything, but I still got really mad for no reason," Sungmin explained. "I didn't see her for the rest of the day, and she didn't text me or anything. Then after school, I saw her walking with Donghae, and then I got angrier. Then I started yelling at her and everything, and now I feel really bad about it."
Eunhyuk replied, "Then she probably feels really bad too. If I know Sooyoung at all, she's not the type to blame someone else without thinking about it. But you really should go apologize to her."
"But neither Sooyoung or Donghae called me or told me about it, and it's like they were hiding it from me or something," Sungmin whined.
"Yeah, I understand. But Sooyoung probably didn't mean to, she was probably just really tired and everything. I mean, you can't expect her to tell you where she is every minute of the day."
Sungmin sighed. "Yeah, I should go apologize to her. As soon as I can."
Eunhyuk grinned. "Good. Now, I bought this," he fished a video game box out of his backpack, "on my way here. Want to play?"
Sungmin's eyes widened. "No way! I've been on the waiting list for two months! How'd you get it?"
"Connections," Eunhyuk's grin got wider. "I know you want to play this with me. Come on, let's go. Where's your TV?"
Sungmin ran into a seperate room. "I will so beat you at this game."
"We'll see," Eunhyuk smiled evilly. "And I also brought this," he showed Sungmin a bottle of some sort of green juice.
"Ew... what is that?" Sungmin asked.
"My mom's seven-vegetable-fruit-juice juice," Eunhyuk sighed. "Just a small cup of the non-treated version can knock out an American wrestler. Luckily, I brought the treated kind. Whoever loses has to drink this."
"Gross," Sungmin said disgustedly, and a smile grew on his face. "Let's play."
=================================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment