Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kissing You 7

CHAPTER 7

Jiyong stopped at Jessica's house, panting. How did I get here? he thought. Unknowingly, he had run past all of his friends' houses, past the school, past the park, all the way to Jessica's house. Jiyong lifted his hand and rang the doorbell slowly. He heard Jessica call, "Umma, I'll get it!"

Jessica opened the door and after a moment, her jaw dropped in shock. "Jiyong? Why are you here?"

Jiyong shook his head and Jessica stepped aside to let him into the house. "Can I... stay here for a while?" he asked.

Jessica nodded numbly. "Jessica, who is it?" her mother called.

"It's Jiyong," Jessica replied, "you don't have to come down."

"Okay, if you need anything, just call me!"

Jessica, seeing that Jiyong was sweating, went to the sink and got a wet towel. She gently wiped his face and brought a bottle of water. "Now," she asked slowly, "what happened?"

Jiyong spoke in barely a whisper, "I'm going to America."

"What?"



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Late that night, Taeyeon was talking to Sungmin on the phone.

"WHAT?! YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN SOOYOUNG A PRESENT YET?!" Taeyeon screamed.

"WELL I'M SORRY THAT I FORGOT!" Sungmin screamed back.

"BUT SHE'S LIKE.... SHE'S LIKE....... YOU KNOW!" Taeyeon sputtered.

Heechul stuck his head in Taeyeon's room and screamed, "TAEYEON WOULD YOU SHUT UP?! I'M TRYING TO GET MY BEAUTY SLEEP, AND DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS WITH YOU SCREAMING IN THE ROOM RIGHT ABOVE ME?"

Taeyeon covered the mouthpiece of the phone and yelled, "JUST GO, I'LL BE QUIET WHEN YOU STOP EMPHASIZING THE FACT THAT YOU'RE BUTT UGLY BY TRYING TO GET YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP!"

Heechul squinted his eyes and slunk out. "By the way, Umma and Appa said they'd kick you out if you kept on being so hyper at 11 PM, the neighbors are complaining."

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out. "Fineee," she turned back to the phone and told Sungmin, "I'll IM you okay? My parents are going to kick me out."

"'Kay," Sungmin said, and hung up.



Pink왕자 has signed in at 11:07 PM

StarryUmmaTae has signed in at 11:07 PM



StarryUmmaTae: so anyways....

Pink왕자: er........

StarryUmmaTae: HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT SOOYOUNG'S PRESENT?! SHE'S LIKE.... LIKE... YOU KNOW!!

Pink왕자: WHAT DO YOU CARE?!

StarryUmmaTae: I CARE CAUSE SHE'S ONE OF MY FRIENDS-ISH

StarryUmmaTae: NOW FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU'RE GONNA GET HER FOR A PRESENT

Pink왕자: but

StarryUmmaTae: NOW

Pink왕자: but

StarryUmmaTae: NOW

Pink왕자: but

StarryUmmaTae: NOW

StarryUmmaTae: NOW NOW NOW

Pink왕자: STOOOOOOOP

StarryUmmaTae: .............so? what're you gonna get her?

Pink왕자: I DON'T KNOW! HELP ME! AND DON'T DO THAT NOW THING CAUSE IT WASN'T HELPING

StarryUmmaTae: ........give her a kiss. confess to her. hug. or you. put yourself in a box or something and i'll make heechul wheel it in

Pink왕자: .......HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!

StarryUmmaTae: i know she'd like it~ ^__^

Pink왕자: TT-TT nooooo....... no she wouldn't.....

StarryUmmaTae: come onnnnnn i seriously have to go to sleep soon.......

Pink왕자: really?

StarryUmmaTae: no, but i'm getting tired of helping you with your romance incapabilities

Pink왕자: ..........am i really that incapable?

StarryUmmaTae: yes, now say you'll do it because that's the way i read it in one of the books and just SAY YES ALREADY

Pink왕자: fine yes

StarryUmmaTae: yayyyyy now buh bye



StarryUmmaTae has signed off at 11:13 PM

Pink왕자 has signed off at 11:14 PM





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



the next day



Changmin walked through the gates to school. Just to his luck, he saw Kangta and glared until Kangta turned and saw Changmin looking at him. Kangta waved with a grin, and Changmin forced a smile and waved back. Kangta turned to walk away.

"Hey Changmin!" Taeyeon called. Suddenly, Kangta turned around to see Taeyeon jogging up to Changmin. He couldn't hear what Taeyeon was whispering to Changmin, but he wished that he was in Changmin's position, being a friend of Taeyeon close enough that she would whisper things to him.

Changmin nodded and kept on trying to make the conversation go longer, aware that Kangta was staring at them.

".......So are you in? Can you tell Heechul?" Taeyeon asked as Changmin came back to reality.

"Huh? What? Could you say that again?" Changmin asked.

"I was saying," Taeyeon repeated, "I'm not sure about the details, but we were planning on doing something romantic for Sooyoung with Sungmin for her birthday. You know how he's like practically in love with her, just says that you'll do it."

"Oh yeah Taeyeon, anything for you," Changmin said, but Taeyeon didn't hear the last part as she was already speeding across the lawn to find Sunny and inform her of the plans.

Kangta walked over and put a hand on Changmin's shoulder. Changmin jumped.

"Hey, what's up?"

Kangta asked seriously, "Was that Taeyeon talking to you just now?"

"Oh yeah, she was wondering if we could go in the same car to Sooyoung's party since her parents don't want to drive her." Okay, so it was a stretch, but Changmin was trying to get Kangta away from Taeyeon.

"Oh... I see," Kangta let go of Changmin and walked away.

Both boys were thinking the same thing: It's on.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Taeyeon, while running to find Sunny, bumped into Donghae. "Oh, Donghae oppa!" Taeyeon said, flustered.

"Hey Taeyeon, what's the rush?" Donghae asked.

"Oh well, I was just going to tell Sunny about something for Sooyoung's party... I really want her to help," Taeyeon panted.

"Oh, well, let me help," Donghae smiled, and Taeyeon thought she would die.

"Well, I wouldn't want you to trouble yourself, really," Taeyeon protested.

"Don't be silly, I want to help," Donghae replied.

Taeyeon blushed and smiled. "Well, I'm not sure about the details yet, but I figured out with Sungmin yesterday that we should do something romantic for Sooyoung's birthday, since we all know that he's practically in love with her."

"'With Sungmin'?" Donghae repeated, "why didn't you call me? I'm jealous," he grinned.

Taeyeon thought she might faint. Why was he so perfect?

"Anyways, I can help. Do you want me to tell Sunny, and everyone else too?" Donghae asked.

"Um.. just Sunny, Junsu, Eunhyuk, just basically your friends- closest ones only, Yoona for clothes, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, oh whatever, just tell everyone that's going to the party, and... whatever you do, don't tell Yuri. You know how she is," Taeyeon said.

"What about Tiffany?"

"I'll take care of her," Taeyeon said, surprised that Donghae would bring up Tiffany.

"Okay then, thanks for telling me! I feel honored to be one of the first ones told about this by the great Taeyeon," Donghae bowed and left.

Taeyeon made a mental note to ask Tiffany if Donghae had ever talked to her.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Yoona, angered with the way the gothic preppy look had turned out the day before, had schemed up a whole new outfit that night. She came back to school in a white blouse cut off in the middle of the forearm, a black vest, and white tight pants. To top it off, she had a black fedora on her long curls. Turning to a more mature look, Yoona was sure that she'd still turn heads. And after all, she had to show every possible aspect of herself to Donghae.

Ryeowook timidly walked up to Yoona. "Um, hey Yoona."

Yoona turned her head. "Yes? Are you speaking to me?"

"Uhh yeah," Ryeowook answered. "Well-"

"You're one of Donghae oppa's close friends right?" Yoona asked. "Could you ask him to come and talk to me?"

"Sure, but-"

"Okay, you said yes, now go."

"Well, I'DJUSTREALLYLIKETOSAYTHATILIKEDYOUROUTFITYESTERDAYITWASREALLYPRETTY!" Ryeowook spit out in one breath.

Yoona's eyes softened. "Really? I think you were the only one who noticed."

"Well, I follow your fashion trends every day," Ryeowook answered happily, knowing that he got Yoona's attention.

"Ha, you know, it's very hard to come up with new clothes and make them every day," Yoona replied. "But you know, I'm a fashion icon. It's not like the other girls can come up with good style and inspiration on their own without me."

Ryeowook was nervous because of Yoona's unusual attention paid to him. Due to his nervousness, he said in one breath again, "WELLI'MREALLYSORRYIHAVETOGORIGHTNOWI'LLTELLDONGHAETHATYOUWANTTOTALKTOHIMBYE!" and he sped off.

Yoona shrugged and left. Luckily for her, she still got the attention of most of the boys.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Sunny speedwalked to the broadcasting station during lunch. She had gossip and was ready to tell it. She walked in at the same time as Sooyoung and Sungmin. Having been alerted to the plan for Sooyoung's party already, she grinned when she saw Sungmin refusing to make eye contact with Sooyoung because of premature embarrassment.

"Hey, what's up?" Sooyoung started. "Anyways, I got calls yesterday with people RSVPing for my party, but if you haven't called yet and you want to come, just call me, email me, IM me, whatever works. I'll find out."

Sungmin continued, "To the Kim Junsu fanclub, we appreciate you taking down the posters from inconvenient places, such as the boys' locker room as an 'inspiration for their fitness', but we have received complaints from the teachers as of today. Some of them are claiming that you have stapled 'The Ten Commandments of Junsu' on the walls of their classrooms. Please remove them as soon as possible, and you may do whatever you wish with them when you are finished. Just... please don't repost them in the boys' locker room. Please."

"O...kay..." Sooyoung said. "Awkward.... but anyways, to the drama students, lucky for you apparently, Ms. Kim has resigned because of the lack of participation. Mr. Lee has come to see if he can help!" she said with fake enthusiasm. Everyone knew that Mr. Lee was the worst teacher in the school, as in bad along with mean. All of the drama students groaned and started mumbling about quitting.

"So! Sungmin, would you like to introduce?" Sooyoung asked.

"Sure.. Here is... Sunny's gossip corner," Sungmin announced in a flat tone.

"Thank you Sungmin!!" Sunny fake smiled and punched him.

"Ow!" Sungmin whisper-yelled, "that hurt!"

Sunny gave him an evil grin and turned back to the microphone. "Anyways, I hope that you like this section of the radio broadcast! Let's see.... new news.... Oh by the way, the timing changed, I'm just gonna get as long as I need to say the gossip that I have! Um.. H and E apparently have been dancing together every day, and if you don't believe me, I have picture proof. But! I won't show it to just anyone, so make sure you have something in return for me! And oooh, looks like the most popular boy in school has a double date tomorrow with a twist! I'd like to see how that turns out.. I'll get back to you with that next week! And it looks like a certain person has forgotten about S's birthday party coming up next week... Aish, that idiot. I know what you're all thinking: 'How could anyone forget about her party?' Yeah, me too, but looks like it's a problem that person will have to solve on his or her own. Hm.. looks like we have a new student, and we all know who that is. Good for him, he's made it onto my gossip corner the second day he's here! Apparently, he has his eye on a girl, but no one knows who it is. Mystery much? I'm sure I'll find out soon enough. Well, that's all I have for today I think! I'll see you later!" Sunny turned off her mic and high-fived Sooyoung on a job well done.

"Really, how could anyone forget about my birthday party?" Sooyoung wondered. "Aish, once I find out who it is, depending on who it is, I'll either tell them off or give them a beating!" She punched her hand for effect.

Sungmin paled and looked at Sunny for help. She shrugged, grinned as if saying, "That's what you get", and she left.

"Hey Sungmin, you wouldn't happen to know who that person is would you?" Sooyoung asked.

"Uhhh, no not at all," Sungmin said quickly with his eyes wide. "I have no idea at all."

"Oh, just asking," Sooyoung laughed. "No need to act like you're the one who forgot. I mean, of course you wouldn't forget right?"

"Of course not!"




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"Tiff!" Taeyeon yelled.

"Yeah Tae?" Tiffany skipped over.

"Okay I'm going to ask you a very serious question. Answer it carefully."

"Omigod is it about the lack of ingredients in cooking class? Because I swear I had nothing to do with it, I really think it was Sunny, or maybe someone else because-"

"TIFF! Stop. Seriously. I don't know anything about that, but have you ever talked to my Donghae oppa?"

"Uhh, yeah, why?" Tiffany asked curiously.

"Just stay away from him, otherwise you'll end up like Changmin dangling from my hands off the ground. And we wouldn't want that would we, because we all know you're a good girl right?" Taeyeon replied sweetly.

"Yup!" Tiffany said. "But... he did ask me...."

"What? What? Did he ask you out?"

"No! Really. He asked...." Tiffany paused for a moment thinking, "if my hamster died! See he's doing a project on how many hamsters die in a year and all that."

"....Okay but seriously, if he asks you out or anything and you say yes, I will not hesitate to kill. Literally."

"Okay Tae, bye!"

"Bye Tiff! Oh by the way, I'm not sure about what we're going to do yet, but we're gonna help Sungmin do something really romantic for Sooyoung's party. 'Cause you know how much he likes her. I'll call you sometime, okay?"

"Sure!" Tiffany waved. Taeyeon ran off.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Excuse me?" Kangta walked up to Jessica. "I was wondering if you could help me find my way to Mr. Jang's literature class?"
Jessica couldn't help but notice the sea of girls streaming behind Kangta, and she felt a surge of rage toward him for stealing Donghae's popularity. "Sure, it's up the stairs, down the hall, take a left, and it's the second door on the right."
"Thanks, I owe you one," Kangta smiled, causing the girls in the very front to faint. However, Jessica turned around.
"Okay, sure. I'll remember that," Jessica replied and started walking away. Kangta walked in the other direction, and sensing Jessica's anger, the girls scattered. One of them ran towards Jessica.
"Jessi," she whined. "Why'd you give him the directions to the girls' locker room?"
"Don't question me. Just... run off and you won't be one of the people on my hate list," Jessica said quietly.
"Yes, yes, I'm really sorry for asking," the girl answered and ran off.
Two minutes later, high pitched screams were heard, and Kangta ran out of the room Jessica told him to go to with his hair messed up and a disturbed look on his face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yoona!" Donghae called. Yoona made sure her hair was perfect and straightened out her skirt before turning around.
"Yeah oppa?"
"Well, Taeyeon and I were talking, and she told me that Sungmin was gonna do something cute and romantic for Sooyoung's birthday. You know how he's like in love with her."
"Oh really oppa?" Yoona smiled. Inside, she was seething that Taeyeon had been talking to Donghae.
"Yeah, and we were just wondering if you could take care of outfits and decorations for that day."
"Oh, sure oppa, anything for you!" Yoona said happily.
"Thanks Yoona, I'll repay you sometime by taking you out to dinner okay?" Donghae smiled.
"Okay! Thanks oppa!" Yoona's happiness turned genuine.
"No, thank you," Donghae replied and ran off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kibum and Yuri sat at a noodle shop.
"Aish, I can't believe that I'm eating noodles...." Yuri complained softly.
"With me?" Kibum asked in a disappointed tone.
"No, no! I meant in a regular noodle bowl. Rumor has it that if you bring the Ultra-Special-Super-Secret-Greatly-Limited-Edition-Coffee-Prince-Noodle-Bowl-With-Chopsticks-To-Go-With-It to any noodle shop in the world, they'll give you free noodles for a year. And it never ends. You can always bring it back and you'll never have to pay for noodles again. Same with any other Coffee Prince product like the coffee cup."
Kibum laughed. Yuri always had something silly to say.
"Anyways, you know I always like eating lunch with you. You're the best friend I could ever have," Yuri said.
"Haha, thanks Yuri," answered Kibum, but deep inside he was wishing that he could be more than Yuri's best friend. "Anyways, we should probably get back to school now. Lunch is probably almost over."
"Yeah, by the way, are you going to Sooyoung-monster's party?"
"Depends. I haven't RSVP'ed yet. I was thinking that I would go if you went."
Yuri grinned. "How about let's go? I've been dying to give Sooyoung-monster a present lately."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Eunhyuk!" Hyoyeon yelled. "Seohyun's gonna come and practice with us today, kay?"
"Sure," Eunhyuk replied. "And I'm assuming you're Seohyun?" he asked, holding out his hand to Seohyun.
"Um, yeah," Seohyun answered and shook Eunhyuk's hand. "Thanks for letting me come with you guys today."
"No problem," Eunhyuk answered. "Hey, as a treat, let's let Seohyun pick the music today, hm?"
"Sure!" Hyoyeon answered.
Seohyun looked up. "No, no, really, I don't really care, I'll let you guys pick. Really."
"Oh really? Are you sure?" Eunhyuk asked. Seohyun nodded vigorously. "Okay then, how about... Epik High? Their music has a good beat to it. You don't mind, right, Seohyun?"
Seohyun shook her head no. "I can pretty much dance ballet and hip hop to any music, I'm fine."
Both of the others widened their eyes. "Really? That's so amazing!"
"Well, not really, I've just been dancing for a long time, so..."
"And I didn't even know you danced hip hop, too!" Hyoyeon exclaimed. "That's awesome." Turning to Eunhyuk, she said, "Epik High again?"
"Yeah," Eunhyuk replied. "And I'm not taking back my choice. Seriously."
"Fiiiiiiine, I was just asking. Geez."
The trio walked into the dance studio. "Hey Seohyun, you have to teach me some of your ballet moves okay?" Hyoyeon asked. "And do you know how to incorporate ballet into hip hop?"
Seohyun slightly nodded her head. "I do it sometimes, but only when I'm alone. This is the first day I'm practicing with anyone."
"Awesome, let's be the first ones to see you practice," Eunhyuk said.
For the next three hours, Seohyun taught Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk some basic ballet movements, and she showed them how they could use it to enhance their own moves. She also showed them her own style of hip hop. Then, all three had a dance competition. Surprisingly, Seohyun won.
Eunhyuk flopped down onto the ground. "Whew, I'm beat."
Hyoyeon sat down beside him. "Me too."
Seohyun smiled and lay down on her stomach. "Yeah, today was pretty tiring."
"But that was really fun. We should do that again sometime. How about tomorrow? Is tomorrow okay for you all?" Hyoyeon asked.
"Um... not really," Seohyun replied. "I have plans tomorrow..."
"Oh, okay then. I'll IM you guys sometime and we can find out when we're all free. Cool?" Hyoyeon answered.
"Sure."
"Yeah."
"Okay," Hyoyeon clapped twice. "So we're good. Who wants to go eat?"
"I'm up for some bulgogi," Eunhyuk replied.
"I want some kalbi," Seohyun said.
"So it's settled. Let's go!" Hyoyeon grinned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment