Friday, August 13, 2010

chapter 2

I sighed when my long hair went into my face, again. I�ve been too lazy to get a haircut these days.

Seungri, who was next to me, just laughed. I hit him on the arm (hard) and he shut up. I had very hard punches. tongue.gif

We were walking to school: it was another 20 minutes until the first bell went. Seungri was always there to pick me up at 7.30: it was a 15 minute walk from my house to school.

�Did you do your homework yesterday?� I asked him. He nodded and pointed at the overloaded backpack he wore.

�My umma had a day off.� I grinned: his umma was rarely home.

When we came to school, it was pretty early. I didn�t want to run into Super Junior again today so I sat in the classroom, waiting with Seungri for Taeyeon and Yuri to come. Yuri came late (like always) while Taeyeon made it just in time for the first bell. She took the seat behind us and waved enthusiastically. She leant forward to whisper to me and Seungri.

�There�s a new girl today: just saw her outside. She�s pretty,� she was cut off when Mr. Gook came in, towing the new girl (speak of the devil) in. She had her face down and her uniform was spotless. Her hair reached her mid-back like mine and was down wavy while mine was perfectly straight (hard work of standing in front of the mirror with a straightener for half an hour).

�Class, this is Im Yoona. She�ll be in our class from the rest of the term, even though there�s only three months left.� I rolled my eyes, hoping Mr. Gook and Yoona didn�t see: perfect timing. Mr. Gook glanced in my direction and caught me.

�Is there something funny, Miss Hwang?� I shook my head, but Seungri jabbed me in the ribs, causing me to jump and scream. Mr. Gook took it seriously and moved me to sit next to Kibum. All the girls looked at me jealously. However, I edged away from him: I still didn�t forgive him for calling me �nothing special� yesterday.

�Well, miss Yoona, since Miss Tiffany,� he eyed me with the raised eyebrow (HOR.NY BAS.TARD ALERT!), �has now permanently moved out of her seat, you may take hers next to Seungri.� My jaw dropped.

Moved? AWAY FROM SEUNGRI?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO, MY NIGHTMARE HAS COME TRUE!

Seungri�s jaw dropped as well. We were like, the inseparable pair, the Two Amigos, the Three Musketeers even though there were only two of us. Oh God, was this the day you saved to torment me?

Yoona took my seat, repeat, MY seat, nervously. She placed her books on the table and they slipped off. Seungri bent down to pick them for her. He never did that for me.

Stupid best friend.

I placed my face in my hands. �This can�t be happening, this can�t be happening�� Kibum looked at me nervously.

�Are you alright�?� He paused when he didn�t remember my name. I moved my face out of my hands and glared at him.

�It�s Tiffany, and for your information, I. Am. Fine~ You just never seem to notice me, that�s all.� I turned away from him.

God, I was in a bit.chy mood this morning. Maybe it was because of umma�s new boyfriend tripping down the stairs at 5am in the morning. Or maybe because umma�s soggy pancakes, which she cried over.

Wait, I didn�t even eat them.


I was still angry at Mr. Gook for moving me.

That�s it, I�m not gonna compliment his lectures now. They were g.ay anyway: me and Seungri fell asleep through them.

Wait, ME and Seungri USED to sit next to each other.

I felt like crying again.

At least Yuri was two tables away from me. She threw a paper plane at my head.

Why didn�t Mr. Gook catch her? Maybe cause he was too busy looking up girls� skirts. Hor.ny bas.tard. I opened up the paper plane to find Yuri�s oh-so neat handwriting. Geeze, she was like a princess.

Feeling sad?

I wrote:

Hell yes. I miss Seungri and Taeyeon already. T.T

I folded the plane back and threw it at her. She caught it with one hand. She smiled at my message and sent back a new one.

Don�t worry, I�m here. biggrin.gif

I laughed: Kibum thought I was mental. I�ve had plenty of those looks before.

Yeah. Love you Yuri >.<

I sent it back and the bell rang for first period. Thank God our next teacher didn�t know me and Seungri had moved. Yoona picked up her books and left the room, obviously for a different subject. I grabbed my books and ran back to my, REPEAT, MY seat. I threw my books over the table and wrapped Seungri�s neck in a breaking hug.

�Oh God Seungri, I missed you so goddamn much THAT I�M GOING TO KILL YOU! YOU MADE ME MOVE YOU CRAP-EATING BAS.TARD!!!� He choked.

I let him go when I caught sight of the teacher. I sat back down and he did too, nursing his sore throat. I whispered to him in a deadly voice.

�Be thankful that Ms. Ahn came: she just saved your as.s.� He just nodded his eyes fearful.

It was so boring during English. Kibum and I were already fluent in it anyway, so what was the point? Kibum lived in America for three years while I lived there for half my life.

I don�t get why I had to sit through this lesson. Seungri and Taeyeon however, were struggling with their words. I wanted to laugh, but I didn�t wanna get split again. Instead, I took to drawing in my scrap book. I had pictures in there, of me and Seungri, of our group. I scribbled messages and use permanent marker to draw over our faces.

I drew a knife at Seungri�s head. BWOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Luckily, he turned around to talk to Taeyeon.

I sighed and looked out into the corridor. I saw Lee Donghae walking, a bit too fast, his eyes focused forward. A sudden urge filled my body. Where was he going?

My hand shot in the air even faster than I thought.

�MISS AHN I NEED TO GO TO THE TOILET BAD! I HAVE EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA!� Fcuk, aren�t I a genius?

Seungri and Taeyeon behind me were silently laughing. After I�m done, I�m gonna kill them. Miss Ahn looked at me and nodded, looking a bit scared. I ran out, my hair flying behind me.

Great, where did he go? I looked around, hoping for a sign of him. I caught sight of his back going down the stairs. I followed him, silently I hope, as he ran down into the empty classroom that I went in.

I leant outside right next to the door. What was he doing, during class time?

Wait, the bigger question was, what was I doing, following Lee Donghae when he was doing god-knows-what?

Meh, I�ll just let things play out.

�What are you doing here?�

�Why did you follow me here, Donghae?� I peeked through the crack in the door and saw Yoona leaning on the teacher�s desk.

Yoona? Repeat, new girl Im Yoona? She knew the Lee Donghae?

God, let me go through this again. Im Yoona knew Lee Donghae?

�I dunno. Instinct?� For once, I think Donghae sounded a BIT nice.

Yoona laughed gently.

�Really?�

�I dunno��

There was silence for a while.

�What are you doing here Yoona?�

�I miss you Donghae. Why�d you have to leave me?�

�It�s my nature Yoona. I�m a player, and you knew that before you dated me, for two weeks.�

�But we both know that what we had, even if it for two weeks, was real.�

�I don�t care Yoona. It�s over. You can�t ruin my image now, even when you�re in the school.�

�Donghae, please. Let�s give it a second chance. I know you don�t want to hurt me! Please�?�

There was a little more silence.

�No.� I heard Donghae approaching the door but I was frozen on the spot. The door opened and he stepped out. He caught sight of me. He froze and his eyes narrowed.

�Fcuk�� He grabbed my arm roughly and pulled me away. Luckily, Yoona wasn�t watching us, cause she was too busy crying.

Damn� I felt bad.

We came outside behind where all the rubbish bins were lined up. He slammed me against the brick wall and placed his arm above my head so I couldn�t escape.

God the smell of his aftershave really stank.

I swear, if someone saw us in this position, they would�ve thought he was a rapist.

�What were you doing?� He asked in a husky voice. He sounded so sexy.

Wait, what did I just think?

�I-I-I-I�� Come on Tiffany, you�re a genius! You could think of an idea! Go, go, go, go!

�I asked, what were you doing, standing outside the door?� Donghae asked again, looking at me in the eye. Okay, he didn�t sound sexy anymore: he sounded angry.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out. He punched the wall. God was he pissed. Maybe it was his time of the month. He took his arm off the wall and shoved his hands into his pockets.

�Fcuk. I swear, if you go around talking about this, you are so dead�� He stared at me: probably forgot my name.

�Tiffany,� I squeaked out. I found my voice. He left, swearing under his breath.

Maybe it was his time of the month.

.

.

.

.

I went back to class, shaking. But I wasn�t shaking because I was scared: it was because I. WAS. PISSED.

STUPID FA.GGOT. As if he could push me around. I�m Tiffany Hwang, ruler of the world! BWOHAHAHA. Okay, I wasn�t that, but I wasn�t going to lose without a fight.

�Ya, Tiff, you okay?� Seungri asked me, poking me on the shoulder gently. I glared at him. He backed away, as well as Taeyeon.

�Could it be the time of the month for her?� Seungri asked Taeyeon quietly.

�NO! IT�S NOT MINE, BUT IT�S THAT FA.GGOT LEE DONGHAE�S!� I screamed angrily, opening my scrapbook. Everyone stared at me but went back to their work almost immediately when they saw my fired up face. On a spare page, I wrote in huge letters:

LEE DONGHAE: STUPID, GHEY PLAYER WHO HAS FEMALE MENSTRUATION.


Geeze, you might be thinking that I�m going overboard, but I wasn�t. THIS WAS PERSONAL!!!

Wait a second, what was so personal about this?

�What happened to you and Donghae? You two hardly know each other!� Taeyeon said, getting back into her seat. She was one of Donghae�s victims, in freshman year.

�Him? He just pisses me off, that�s all!� I answered back. Even though Donghae was an as.s, I didn�t want to reveal the relationship between him and Yoona. Yoona would have a hard time adjusting.

�Is that all?� Seungri looked relieved. He patted me on the back and went back to working. Taeyeon sat there, her pen on her chin while she looked out the window. Probably thinking about the time she and Donghae went out: it was probably the worse time of her life. I couldn�t help but feel a little curious.

�Ya, Taeyeon, you know when you and Donghae went out, was he�nice?� I said, kind of awkwardly. She snapped out of her daydream and answered.

�Hm? Oh. Yeah, he was really nice. Not like the cold-hearted player he is now. He used to be kind. But that changed when we came to 2nd year. Something must�ve happened to him on the summer break last year�� I nodded.

So something happened to him last year.

Wait, why was I so interested in him?

Little did I know, that it was going to be the start of all my problems�

.

.

.

.

.

I went to lunch without any intention of leaving to do my work: I was too focused on Donghae and Yoona. She sat with us during lunch, since Yuri invited her. She sat timidly in between Yuri and Jessica, answering the bombarding questions given by our group members.

Today, Sooyoung and Seohyun were with us: they were nursing sore bruises.

�Yoona, what was your last school?� Hyoyeon asked.

�East High.� Our worst rivals. *shakes fists*

I finished my food and stood up with my tray to put it away. I turned around and almost flew backwards.

�What the fc-?� I looked at my dirtied school shirt and saw Lee Donghae in front of me, his hands moving back to shove themselves into his blazer pockets.

�Ya! What was that for, you as.s?� I said heatedly. He looked upwards, his eyes not making contact with mine. Everyone in the canteen went silent and watched the two of us. Super Junior were right behind him, my group was getting to their feet and Big Bang were entering the room.

�Yo man, it�s Big Bang in the� what the hell?�

�G.Dragon-oppa, PLEASE SHUT UP!� I screamed. He went silent when he caught the murderous stare I sent in his direction.

�For being born. Move.� Donghae said. He tried to shove me but I stood my ground, glaring at him. I stood on the tips of my toes: useless. I only reached his nose. I was so angry and flared up; I was ready to belt a punch in his perfect, flawless face. But it wouldn�t be flawless anymore when I was done with it. <.<

Fcuk, he DID have female PMS!

�Ya, Donghae what are you say-� Yesung was cut off when I cut through him.

�What? What did you say?�

�I said the world went insane when you came out of your mother�s as.s.� That snapped it.

�Fcuk! Don�t get my mother into this you fa.g!� I dropped my tray and pulled my fist back for a punch. I aimed and fired. He dodged.

Crap, did I suck that much?

I stumbled forward, almost landing on my face. But luckily, Seungri ran out to catch me. I landed beneath him and he fell on top of me.

Today was seriously the day God chose to torment me.

And okay, what Seungri did wasn�t that lucky.

Because his lips crashed into mine.

Great.

I lost my first kiss to my best friend.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment