Friday, August 13, 2010

chapter 3

I was so tempted to jump off a cliff at that moment. Actually, I�d be happy to trade spots with someone who was going to jump off a cliff.

God, please kill me. If you do, I swear I will worship you in hell, or heaven or wherever it is you send me.

�Oh my God! Tiff-Tiff!� I heard Jessica scream. She threw, and yes, I meant literally threw Seungri off of me and I gagged. Seungri skidded on the cafeteria floor, staring at me with wide eyes. Jessica leant beside me as I sat up, gazing back at Seungri.

Will we ever be the same again?

�Oh-la-la! Baby Seungri just lost his virgin lips!� G-Dragon sung. His girlfriend, Sohee, just hit him on the head.

�Ya! Don�t be so mean, G-Dragon!� He pouted and hung his head.

�Tra-la-la! Seungri is growing up~� Daesung and TOP were singing. Taeyang just stood there, looking doped up.

�Tiff-Tiff! Are you okay?!� Hyoyeon shoved her face into my view. �Tiff!�

�I�m FINE!� I screamed. What was wrong with everyone!? �It was just a kiss!� I glanced apologetically at Seungri who had stood up and walked over to me.

He held his hand out.

�Sorry Tiff.� I took his hand. When I was on my feet again, he put on a mischievous grin. �By the way, you never told me you had such soft lips!� I gaped and hit him on the head. HOW DARE HE SAY THAT TO ME?

Actually, that was true: it was daily amounts of strawberry lip balm that did the work. biggrin.gif

�Idi.ot!� I smiled back at him.

Maybe this kiss brought us closer.

I was kinda grateful. A bit.

Alright, maybe not a lot.

So much for losing my first kiss to my best friend.

Donghae was glaring at us. His lips were set in a scowl and he stalked off. The rest of Super Junior loitered around and talked with the other students. Yesung and Heechul were flirting with Yoona: she looked horrified at how they were advancing on her.

�Sorry about that Tiff. You okay?� Seungri asked as Big Bang came around us. Jessica, Hyoyeon and Taeyeon stood around me while Sooyoung and Yuri ran back to Yoona to save her from the oh-so famous flirtatious players. I nodded, putting on a grin.

�I�m fine! The only thing NOT fine about me is having my first kiss lost by YOU!� I punched him on the arm playfully and he grinned at me. We all sat down on a table. Seungri pulled out his lunch.

I stared at it.

�Seungri, what, is that?� He looked up from his lunch.

�Last week�s dinner?� If that was last week�s dinner, I didn�t want to know what he had yesterday. I pulled a face and slapped it out of his hands.

�Geez! From now on, if you need lunch, just call me before school!� G-Dragon and Daesung �oooohhh�ed behind their hands mockingly. I glared at them. They shut up.

�Acting like the girlfriend already, hey Tiff?� Sooyoung nudged me in the ribs. I glared at her as well.

�Shut up. This is what I call �getting ready for motherhood�.� Crap. I needed to rephrase that. Taeyeon gaped at me.

�Tiffany, does this mean-�

�you�re pregnant?� Yuri finished for her. Seungri spat out whatever it was he was eating and the others burst out laughing.

I was still tempted to swap places with the guy getting ready to jump off a cliff.


.

.

.

�Whatcha doing after school?� Seungri asked me as we pretended to be asleep during Mr. Gook�s History lecture. I opened my eyes, just a little crack and whispered back.

�Going to Sunny�s house. You?�

�Practice at Taeyang�s house. He needs to tell us �big news�.� I closed my eyes again and glanced at Seungri�s watch that was both visible from his and my view.

One.

Two.

Three.

The bell went. Me and Seungri jumped to our feet, racing towards the corridors.

The daily race had begun.

�I�M GONNA GET THERE FIRST!�

�NUH UH! DON�T MESS WITH THE NUMBER ONE AWESOME-NESS GUY IN THE WORLD!�

I laughed and turned to look at him but I bumped into a wall.

At least, I thought it was a wall.

I fell on my butt, rubbing my forehead. I looked up.

Sh.it, this day keeps getting better and better.



That was sarcasm if you didn�t know it.

�Fcuk, watch where you�re going!� Donghae walked past me, glaring at me as he disappeared into the crowd of people. I watched as his back disappeared and I didn�t seem to notice Seungri�s hand outstretched to help me.

�You okay Tiff?� I nodded as I stood on my feet. �What did you do to make him hate you?�

I shrugged: the last thing I needed was for Seungri getting beat up on my account.

�I dunno. He just has PMS, that�s all.�

.

.

.

.

.

.


�Oh my God Sunny, is it me, or did your house get bigger?� screamed Seohyun, dropping her bag on the spotless marble floor.

�We just had a few extensions last month: a pool and a billiard room,� Sunny said casually, taking off her shoes at the entrance. We all stood in the foyer, gaping as her already huge house was, well, HUGER!

Goddamnit, I was so jealous of her for being rich.

She bought us iPods for Christmas last year and cameras that weren�t even released yet for our birthdays.

She spoilt us too much.

I didn�t even tell her I broke my camera last month�

�Billiard room? My room is smaller than your bathroom and you have enough room to make a billiard room.� Taeyeon said, climbing up the spiral staircase to Sunny�s room. �And a pool? It�s halfway through winter and you want a pool?� Sunny shrugged.

�Meh. My parents just wanted one.� We all followed Taeyeon up the stairs into the huge as.s lounge room.

Did I forget to mention that Sunny�s house had 3 lounge rooms? Each with surround sound and a flat screen TV?

One for each member of the family.

Damn, I felt so crappy in my stained school shirt and the grey school skirt while the maids that rushed around even had DIAMOND SCRUNCHIES.



Just kidding: I was exaggerating.

�Tiff, wait here. I�ll go call the hairdresser.� I rolled my eyes.

Partly, the reason why we were here was so that I could cut my hair.

I haven�t gone to the hairdresser�s for a while (since my umma�s been too �busy� to take me and I really wasn�t comfortable cutting it) and Jessica put her foot down that my hair just looked shockingly horrible like it was now.

I couldn�t agree more with her: I could hardly see my face in the mirror in the mornings.

Sunny came back with her hairdresser, Ahsun, and we began.

All eight girls (including Yoona, who was invited at the last minute) crowded around me on the leader seat.

�I think she�d look good with a haircut like Senior BoA!�

�No way! She�s already got hair like Senior BoA! How about Jaejoong-oppa? So then they�d be like twins?�

�Eww! Jaejoong-oppa�s hair is blonde! I preferred it when it was BLACK and when he wore those gorgeous cross earrings to school!�

�I know! Those earrings were just so hot!�

�Damn, Jaejoong-oppa has such a good sense of fashion for a guy! I heard his cousins were like, famous idols!�


How did the conversation about my hair turn into Jaejoong-oppa?


�Oh my God! Did you see him at the movies on the weekend? He was wearing this AWESOME black leather jacket!�

�No way! I want one now!�

I cleared my throat loudly.

They turned around for me to face with eight pairs of burning eyes.

�I�d like to get home and finish that essay.� Okay, to be honest, I just wanted to go home and stab the picture of Lee Donghae in the yearbook to release my spiritual anger.

I didn�t say that part out loud in case Yoona went skits on me.

�Oh yeah, the essay! I haven�t started! Crap! Let�s cut Tiff�s hair!� That got them moving.

Finally, after half an hour of choosing hair styles, they chose one for me. I didn�t really care, as long as my hair wasn�t in my face anymore and it wasn�t long enough to pull on.

Because that was what Taeyeon does to me during class.

Well, used to, since now I was MOVED.

Stupid Mr. Gook and his hor.ny, perverted moves.

Imma go home and stab his picture too.

BWOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I trailed off with my thoughts when Seohyun nudged me. I woke up from my daydream.

�Tiff, we�re finished.� I sighed and pulled of the canvas blanket that covered me.

�Wow, Tiff, I haven�t seen your face like that for ages�� Jessica breathed, her hand on the back of the chair I was sitting on. Hyoyeon appeared in front of me and she bent down to stare at me in the eyes.

�Yeah� how long has it been since you�ve cut your hair?� I blushed as Taeyeon picked up one of my cut tresses on the floor.

�Uhmm� three years?� All of them stared at me. �What? There was a good reason: I was UGLY!� I hung my head.

�Man, you are one stupid bit.ch. Wait, I didn�t mean that. I mean that you were stupid to hide your face �cause you�re so pretty!� Sooyoung said, placing her hands on my shoulders. I pouted angrily.

�But that�s what HE said in 6th year!�

�You still THINK of him? He�s gone and he�s still in your head, Tiff? Get over it: he was bit.ch faced fa.ggot!� We all stared at Jessica after her amazing outburst. Yuri scoffed at Jessica�s remark.

�But�� I trailed off, trying to remember clearly. �He said I was ugly�� Sunny sighed and sat on the floor beside me, her arms resting on the arm rest with her chin propped up on her elbows.

�He�s gone, Tiff. We know you, and you�re pretty. Okay? Now let�s get you off that chair.� Yoona and Seohyun lifted me up. They blindfolded me and took me into Sunny�s room, where there was her huge, repeat HUGE closet that had mirrored walls. As soon as we stopped, they took the blindfold off my eyes and I finally got to see what I looked like.

�Not bad��

I couldn�t deny it. I haven�t seen myself like this for 3 years. Ahsun had cut my hair short, the ends reaching halfway around my neck. It bowled around kinda like a mushroom but it made my face appear fuller and rounder.

The pimples that were there three years ago had vanished, disappearing along with the long hair and blemishes that caused me to hide my face from the world.

Yoona laughed cheekily, causing everyone else to start giggling. Even though she was new, she fit in like as though she was born to be part of our group.

�You look so pretty, Tiffany! You could amaze everyone like this!� I sighed and touched the hanging fringe that was parted on the right and curled against my forehead.

I smiled at my reflection.

I never felt more confident in my life. Yoona placed her hands on my shoulders and everyone stood around us.

This moment was the best part of the day.

.

.

.

I was seated at the scratched kitchen table. I had secured my annoying fringe with bobby pins and pulled my hair back into a small ponytail.

I liked my new hair to be honest. biggrin.gif

I leant back on the chair and stretched my fingers.

�Finished~� I sang out to the world.

Now all Seungri, Taeyeon and Yuri had to do was use my info and write their own.

Stuff it, they�d probably copy it. I leant back on the table to write another essay.

Was I a work-a-holic? blink.gif

The doorbell rang and I went to get it. I was home alone, and it wasn�t my umma, cause she�d come home at midnight, towing in a new boyfriend. It could only be one person�

�Sup Tiff?� Lee Seungri stood at my door, a bag slung over his shoulder. �WOAH, sorry, I must have the wrong house�� He walked back cautiously, his hands up defensively. I sighed and remembered my make-over.

�Seungri! It�s me, Tiff!� He stopped and stared at me in disbelief.

�Nuh uh. Tiff has long droopy hair and has an emo look to her eyes�� I glared.

WAS THAT HOW HE VIEWED ME?

�HUH? WHAT DID YOU SAY?!� I stomped out of the house and went up to him. He cowered.

�JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING! MAN, you should�ve changed your temper while you were cutting your hair�� We went into the house and he threw his bag on the couch.

On some nights, when his umma was working overtime, he came over to my place to eat and sleep since he was hopeless in the kitchen and he was scared in the dark.

Yes girls, Lee Seungri was still scared of the dark, even when he was 17 years old.

And no, we DID NOT sleep on the same bed. (Goddamn people thinking dirty�)

�Whatcha gonna cook tonight?� He went over to me and saw what I was working on. �Oh, sweet, the Science essay!� I snatched my copy out of his hands and pointed at the one I was working on.

�THIS is the copy you guys are going to copy. We�re having lasagna tonight since there�s no more rice.� He sat down on the chair opposite mine and watched.

I felt oddly disturbed as I continued writing the spare essay.

�It�ll last longer if you took a picture,� I said without looking at him after a while when neither of us said anything.

�You look better with your hair short.� I blushed. A compliment from Seungri was RARE!

�Really?� I took out the bobby pins and the black elastic. �I find it more troublesome.� He laughed.

�Yeah, but you look better. At least now you won�t have to wake up at 6.30 and start straightening it!� I laughed at him and flicked my black elastic at his face. He winced and pouted and grabbed my neck and started messing my hair up.

�NO SEUNGRI! I JUST TOOK A SHOWER!�

I wish we were actually BORN brother and sister.



That night, I made lasagna but NOOO, Seungri had to mess it up. He turned the oven to 300˚C and the house almost exploded.

Just kidding, I was exaggerating.

We ended up ordering Chinese (his shout) and sat in front of the TV eating. After dinner, we lay on our stomachs in my room and did our homework while discussing gossip around the school. Sometimes, Seungri can be kinda like a girlfriend I can talk to. Most of the time.

�Eh? Jaejoong-hyung dyed his hair?� He scratched his chin with the tip of his pen. I lay on my back, reading the book we were supposed to read for English: Romeo & Juliet.

�Yeah. Sooyoung was talking about it today��

�Has Yuri asked Micky-oppa yet?�

�She asked him after school. He said he�d tell BoA later when they were going out.�

�How long have they been going out?�

�I dunno. Two, three years�?� Seungri sighed and poked my head with his pen hard. I sat up, rubbing the sore spot.

�Ow! You bas.tard! What was that for!?�

�Hey, do you think we�d last that long if we went out?� I lay back down, pretending not to give it much thought.

�I dunno. We�ve known each other for a long time. But I�m not sure about a relationship��

We didn�t talk about that subject again.

It was so cold that I went out to the living room where Seungri was with the heater. I sat on an armchair while he was on the couch.

We stayed up till 3am talking all night.

�Man, Tiff, if you weren�t like a sister to me, I�d be in love with you right now��

Gee, Seungri, you didn�t even know how I felt...

---

No comments:

Post a Comment